2 years 8 months ago #1 by Declan Harris
Inputmapper 1.6.10.19991[/b][/b]
Windows 10 1607
Inputmapper Log (after 2 attempts)[/color]
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Virtual Bus Driver
Preparing to load DIFxAPI
Running as 64-Bit process
DIFxAPI path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper\Virtual Bus Driver\DIFxApi\amd64\DIFxAPI.dll
Loaded library: C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper\Virtual Bus Driver\DIFxApi\amd64\DIFxAPI.dll
ScpVBus.inf path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper\Virtual Bus Driver\ScpVBus\ScpVBus.inf
Virtual Bus Created
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Installing INF file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper\Virtual Bus Driver\ScpVBus\ScpVBus.inf' (Plug and Play).
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Installing devices with Id "root\ScpVBus" using INF "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\scpvbus.inf_amd64_21ca245c0e23d7a5\ScpVBus.inf".
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
DIFXAPI_SUCCESS: 0 RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Installation was successful.
DIFXAPI_SUCCESS: 0 Install completed
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x0)

Detailed Explanation
I am no longer able to connect via Bluetooth to a DualShock 4 controller, the connection will be made on the 2nd attempt (pressing the button once resulting in a failed exclusive mode, 2nd time connecting). The 2nd press of the PS button on the DualShock will make the connection, but the icon of the controller within inputmapper displays as red, before turning black for a second or 2, then disconnecting. I had prior downloaded a file for inputmapper that was described as to help the connection issues since the anniversary update, this, however, did not help with the Bluetooth connection, but did temporarily fix the wired connection (connecting in exclusive mode). As the Bluetooth connection was still not working, I uninstalled inputmapper via windows uninstall programmes, re-installed, but still seem to be facing the same situation via Bluetooth. I have just this second attempted to connect via wired, and the icon is appearing as red, in exclusive mode, 100% battery, the data rate at 248hz in the default profile.

If there is any further information needed to better understand what the issue is in order to resolve the problem, I can do my best. (I'm not the most tech savvy, but will do what I can)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #2 by Wobbles
It looks like its disconnecting the second time because you have an idle timeout set in the profile.

2 years 8 months ago #3 by Declan Harris
Well......I certainly am glad I mentioned not being tech savvy before now, thanks a million mate, seriously appreciate it. I am now connecting, but is there any reason you can see as to why it is not connecting exclusively from the information i sent over?

2 years 8 months ago #4 by Wobbles
Unfortunately that is alwayse a matter of trial and error, there are many apps that seem to want to connecto the DS4 that usually have nothing to do with game controllers. Just try closing them out one by one and re-launch.