$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$20.61

DS4 just stopped working on exclusive mode

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #1 by An Average Aspie
I first installed DS4windows without hearing that inputmapper is the better version. so I uninstalled the virtual bus that was installed on DS4windows. than installed inputmapper on the latest patch. I was able to connect it on exclusive mode which made FFXIV recognize the controller, but after 2 or so hours it just disconnected and says some application is using it when I don't even have steam on. I went through everything. installed the auto fix, and reinstalled the virtual bus driver. Nothing worked. But then I checked devices and found a wireless and xbox 360 controller on bluetooth and devices yet all I have is my ds4 on. Even disabling the 360 one. I still cant connect.

I unpaired the DS4 and all other wireless controllers. Paired back up the DS4. turned on inputmapper. Still had the issue, but I noticed that now the 360 controller is showing up on devices for bluetooth and windows controllers.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #2 by wirenut48
The 360 should be there as that is what IM does is create a virtual 360 using the SCP driver. Exclusive mode can be troublesome at times, belive fix is on the way.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.