$2.00
Frederick J Hogsett
$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50

Dualshock 4 wont connect do Input mapper 16.10 (Windows 10, wired controller)

3 years 1 week ago #1 by TheRedBaron91
Ok :

(3rd party wired controller)

Pluged into USB 3.0 (no usb 2.0)

Installed input mapper
Installed hidguardian (but wont show for some reason? windwos 10 STILL shows the controller as DS4 wired controller)

weird thing, If I change the driver properties "hid compliant game controller" to "xinput compliant hid device" input mapper actually can SEE the controller ONLY in the xinput test

I am confused, any help would be much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 week ago #2 by wirenut48
IM 16.10 if installed properly should create a virtual 360 controller seen by windows and games. If not, the prerequisites or virtual diver is not installed. Gardian is used to hide the physical device (known as exclusive mode) from games with poor controller support which will receive inputs from both the real and virtual at the same time.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

3 years 1 week ago #3 by TheRedBaron91
ok, so how do I re-install the prerequisits?

Everytime I uninstall IM it just goes automatically to the installation screen to accept the terms (it doesnt give me the option to download the components anymore)

3 years 1 week ago #4 by TheRedBaron91
ok, so how do I re-install the prerequisits?

Everytime I uninstall IM it just goes automatically to the installation screen to accept the terms (it doesnt give me the option to download the components anymore)

I just re-installed the bus driver, nothing.

3 years 1 week ago #5 by TheRedBaron91
Turns out, the SCP DS3 service is not starting. (it keeps telling me it did not respond to the systme in a timely fashion).

How can I fix this?

3 years 1 week ago #6 by wirenut48
You might try running as administrator, disabling any antivirus.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #7 by wirenut48
did you use the ScpVBusinstaller.exe from the IM install directory, that should work if not being blocked. make sure you reboot afterwards.

3 years 1 week ago #8 by TheRedBaron91
I dont see any busines sinstaller, but I did run the virtual bus driver that I found on the download page.

I even reinstalled all of the c++ redistributabled just in case.

Nothing.

The main problem that I keep finding is that the SCP DS3 process will never start, it always times out for some reason. That is what it always tells me. I tried changing the kill time and the close time for apps in the registry.

I dont know what to do, I had it working before I re-installed windows 10.

the computer detects it as a "wired DS4 controller", but thats it, it doesnt give me the old driver for the wireless controller (this one isnt wireless, but still.)

3 years 1 week ago #9 by Wobbles
IM is for DS4, not 3rd party controllers (for now)