Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$19.97

Unable to connect DS4 To pc.

2 years 2 months ago #1 by Robert Radke
Get this when I try to install Inputmapper Preparing to load DIFxAPI
Running as 64-Bit process
DIFxAPI path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper\Virtual Bus Driver\DIFxApi\amd64\DIFxAPI.dll
Loaded library: C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper\Virtual Bus Driver\DIFxApi\amd64\DIFxAPI.dll
ScpVBus.inf path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper\Virtual Bus Driver\ScpVBus\ScpVBus.inf
Virtual Bus Created
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Installing INF file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper\Virtual Bus Driver\ScpVBus\ScpVBus.inf' (Plug and Play).
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Installing devices with Id "root\ScpVBus" using INF "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\scpvbus.inf_amd64_21ca245c0e23d7a5\scpvbus.inf".
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
DIFXAPI_ERROR: 2 RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
DIFXAPI_ERROR: 2 Installation failed.
DIFXAPI_ERROR: 2 PnP Install failed.
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Attempting to rollback ...
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 No devices to rollback
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x2)
The operation completed successfully

Window Version 1607 (OS Build 14393, 1480)
My log from inputmapper
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Anyone know what i can do to fix it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #2 by wirenut48
Is the SCP Virtual Bus Driver listed under system devices in the device manager? If not go to the Input Mapper instal directory and run the virtual bus driver.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

2 years 2 months ago #3 by Robert Radke
It is not. Every time i go to install the Virtual bus driver its says the first message. And then in my Device managers there are quite a few unknown devices such as ROOT/SYSTEM/0001 gives me this on the general page The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #4 by relsig
that is surely strange, it seems like you're having driver issues already we'll get to that later though.

As for having issues installing with inputmapper... Any funkyness in your drivers can cause issues. If you've previously used any other controller software make sure any drivers that it installed were uninstalled properly.

If your controller shows up in the device manager while connected try uninstalling the drivers and scanning for hardware changes.

you can also try reinstalling the 360 drivers and updating your windows installation.

As for the random unknown devices...
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]