$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$25.41

Monitor does not go into Power Save when computer is locked

2 years 2 months ago #1 by Sawtaytoes
When I lock Windows, none of the monitors go into Power Save mode. I was able to verify it working after closing InputMapper 1.6.10 with the HID driver installed. I figure others would've posted about this already but was unable to find any other posts.

What steps would you like me to test so you can get the right information on this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #2 by relsig
It's been my experience that if the controllers are connected it will keep your computer awake. The solution is to either put the computer to sleep instead of locking it or disconnect the controller.

If you're intentionally not putting the computer to sleep disconnecting the controller when you're done is your optimal solution. If you don't have a button to put your computer to sleep you can make a bat file that does it, create a shortcut to it, and assign a hotkey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sawtaytoes

2 years 2 months ago #3 by Sawtaytoes
Is it the same for wirelessly connected controllers or only via USB?

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 1 month ago #4 by relsig
both, though with BT at least the controller will die at some point and then the monitor will turn off, lol.

You can set an idle time out per profile in the configuration tab near the bottom, in other settings for between 10-600 seconds (10s-6m). This would turn off the controller after that much time. I'm not sure if it affects usb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sawtaytoes