$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$20.61

L2 and R2 buttons not working.

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #1 by happycakes
Hello, I recently got a new pc, it also has windows 10.

On my older pc I had no problem getting anything to work, I even did something that I cant remember how I did it to activate ALL the buttons on my DS4

I had L2, and R2, and the ability to change the directions of the sticks to sertain keys on my keyboard.

When I first got my new pc I tried and all worked fine except changing the keys on my direction sticks, and my L2 and R2 buttons.

I went into the device manager and it was reading it like an xbox controller without thoes keys being an option.

On my older PC i also use Inputmapper but thoes extra keys are enabled aka l2 and r2, it was on Vista OS.

So ive been trying literally everything... and now input mapper doesnt even wanna pickup my bluetooth anymore... may have to reinstall windows lol.... man...

I don't think I have built in Bluetooth, but I do have the official Bluetooth USB port from sony. Ive tried DS4windows too..

So... back to the original question, assuming I reinstall windows or get this to go back to its original state how do I get my L2 and R2 to be activated?

here are two photos showing how its supposed to look and at the xbox controls. the controls I NEED to use have two extra buttons aka the L2 and R2. but I can only get those options by plugging it in directly.

s22.postimg.org/7pwq5eeox/broken.png

s22.postimg.org/r91berdgh/ps4.png

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #2 by happycakes
update.
Ive gotten the L2 and R2 buttons to work. BUT I cant assign my Stick directions to my keyboard.... doesn't seem to work.... that's the last fix I need to have this fully operating.... any help?

2 years 2 months ago #3 by happycakes
obviously ive tried the mapper in the program.

2 years 2 months ago #4 by wirenut48
have you tried it using macros?

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

2 years 1 month ago #5 by relsig
That's certainly interesting. Maybe bad download or bad install, possibly a conflicting program or drivers? I would try uninstalling inputmapper and redownloading it from the site and reinstalling it. If that doesn't work send us your vbus install log and the other applicable information asked for in wobbles' sticky post about how to properly request support so we can make sure there isn't anything obviously wrong.