$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$20.61

Exclusive mode checkbox broken.

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #1 by jbrianj2
- When i disable the Exclusive mode checkbox inIM1.6, it seems like it ignores the option all together (and causes that annoying lag spike in Windows 10 1703). This is on a Dualshock 4 V2 + Sony Adapter.

Can you fix the option to disable exclusive mode? The reason i don't want exclusive is because i only really want to see the battery percentage of the controller since for Steam games i use the Steam API, and the Steam API only allows seeing whether the battery is low, not the actual charge level. So i can't see when the device is done charging, since Steam takes over the lightbar and there is no way to prevent Steam from taking over the lightbar without disabling controller support all together.

- Also: The PS4 Sony Wireless Adaptor is seen as a controller and keeps whining about a critically low battery even when the controller isn't even attached(having the controller attached to cable AND dongle causes double input).

- Everytime i use InputMapper Windows 10 asks me to restart my PC to finish setting up a "USB Input Device". I restart and then open IM2 again, and the same thing happens again, in a loop.

- When i connect my DS4 using a USB cable(DS4 not connected to the dongle), the dongle loses connection to IM1.6, and then connects itself again, causing all kinds of warnings and read errors for no reason.

So far it seems like the stable build IM1.6.10 is a buggy mess :/

Off topic: Apparently I'm still a translator. Are you still planning on releasing IM2 at all? It's been a year since i've been here. Or will IM1.7 have translation support?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #2 by wirenut48
I wouldn't say IM 1.6.10 is a buggy mess, the only thing in your post related to IM is the disable button which is broken. It will be fixed in 1.7, and I wouldn't expect to see any further development for 1.6.
Your other issues are likely due to running the steam API in conjunction with IM, and the way USB and wireless are handled in windows. None of which IM can do anything about. Your probably going to have to live without a battery level indicator until 1.7 is released, but probably still going to run into conflicts with both apps running.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #3 by jbrianj2
So 1.7 will detect whether a controller is actually attached to the Sony Wireless Adaptor so it doesn't warn me about a low battery when there's nothing attached? I know the Adapter itself is considered a controller by Windows DirectInput even if there's no controller attached, but there must be a way to detect(using HID packets?) to see if there's an actual device attached.

You're right about the Steam Controller API interfering with IM, for example disabling PS4 controller support fixes the exclusive mode lag spike in IM and actually manages getting exclusive mode working rather than continuously trying and failing

2 years 1 month ago #4 by wirenut48
Problem with the dongle as you say it is detected as a controller whether the controller is turned on or not. Not sure if there is a way of detecting that as turning on the controller produces no additional info to windows. Not sure how you could resolve this without unplugging it it manually when not in use, unless Sony could come up with a driver solution around this. I went back to using BT as the game I play, even though supports the DS4, doesn't produce any outputs from the controller. Guessing the game needs to specifically support the dongle as a controller.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #5 by jbrianj2
It must be possible since the Steam Controller API can detect whether the controller is on or not with the dongle attached, so there must be a way. I guess they have their way with Sony to allow such a thing.