Site Login

This Months Donations

$552.80
of $500.00 goal
Server, CDN, Network, Licensing
Development Budget
Developers Beer Fund
Recent:
jhonatan felipe
$2.00
Karl Scahill
$2.00
Frederick J Hogsett
$5.00
SiesMAN01
$2.00
André Philipi da Silva
$2.00
Number of donations
28
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$19.97

Exclusive Mode - PS4 Version 2 Controller Problems

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #11 by Zaazu
Maybe I'm being an idiot, but I can't find any documentation on hid guardian.

All I've found is this:

github.com/nefarius/ViGEm/tree/master/Sys/HidGuardian

I can't find how to add a new device
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #12 by h-nitta
I'm having the same problem.
My PC is
 Windows10 64bit(v1709)
 DS4v2
 use bluetooth adapter(not use sony dongle)
 not install any other tools(steam etc...)

I downgraded Windows to v1703 and dealt with it...
The following user(s) said Thank You: MoarDanFor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #13 by MoarDanFor

h-nitta wrote: I'm having the same problem.
My PC is
 Windows10 64bit(v1709)
 DS4v2
 use bluetooth adapter(not use sony dongle)
 not install any other tools(steam etc...)

I downgraded Windows to v1703 and dealt with it...


Thank you so much for sharing your experience and what version of windows is working for you!

I actually ended up submitting a ticket last night referencing zazzu's ticket, hopefully this issue gets some more visability

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #14 by Jackal
Yeah. I did the same but heard nothing apart from us discussing the issue.

Jackal6681
Hes not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #15 by no1uknow
I am having the same issue. InputMapper 1.6.10 is unable to achieve exclusive mode in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 64-bit (Version 1709 Build 16299.19). I had HIDguardian installed as well but it did not help. I tried reinstalling both with "Run as Administrator", but no success.

This is a new issue with Win10 Fall Creator's Update. Both IM 1.6.10 and HidGuardian worked fine in Win10 Creators Update 64-bit (Version 1703 Build 15063.xx)

I have not found a workaround or alternatives yet. :(

EDIT: I am using InputMapper for my Dualshock 4, if that matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #16 by Zaazu
I opened a ticket a few days ago on GitHub and nefarious was kind enough to give me a response.
github.com/nefarius/ViGEm/issues/65

He said:

You have to edit the AffectedDevices registry value via regedit in order for HidGuardian to take control of the device.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidGuardian\Parameters\AffectedDevices
The file generated by InputMapper does not include the device instance path for the version 2 DS4 controller so HidGuardian will not be used. Here is an example of the lines that should be used for a version 2 controller. The first line is for a USB connection and the next line is for a BT connection.
HID\VID_054C&PID_09CC&MI_03
HID\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB}_VID&0002054C_PID&09CC


I'll be giving this a go when I get a chance and report back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: h-nitta, Jackal, Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #17 by Jackal
Awesome news mate...for those like me that are technically challenged pls be as descriptive as possible so I know what to do. Thanks and look forward to hearing how it goes.

Jackal6681
Hes not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #18 by wirenut48
Seems to work, I always had to turn the controller on before starting Steam to get exclusive mode. Now can get it with Steam running.
Just follow the registry path above, double click on AffectedDevices, copy and paste the HID info above to the list.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #19 by Zaazu

wirenut48 wrote: Seems to work, I always had to turn the controller on before starting Steam to get exclusive mode. Now can get it with Steam running.
Just follow the registry path above, double click on AffectedDevices, copy and paste the HID info above to the list.


Didn't work for me, still can't get exclusive mode

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #20 by h-nitta

Zaazu wrote: I opened a ticket a few days ago on GitHub and nefarious was kind enough to give me a response.
github.com/nefarius/ViGEm/issues/65

He said:

You have to edit the AffectedDevices registry value via regedit in order for HidGuardian to take control of the device.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidGuardian\Parameters\AffectedDevices
The file generated by InputMapper does not include the device instance path for the version 2 DS4 controller so HidGuardian will not be used. Here is an example of the lines that should be used for a version 2 controller. The first line is for a USB connection and the next line is for a BT connection.
HID\VID_054C&PID_09CC&MI_03
HID\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB}_VID&0002054C_PID&09CC


I'll be giving this a go when I get a chance and report back.


Thank you for Information.
This issue has been fixed!!
By modifying the registry, I was able to acquire exclusive mode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum