$20.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$20.00
Average donation
$4.64

Exclusive Mode - PS4 Version 2 Controller Problems

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #31 by wirenut48
make sure you have the latest guardian installed.

inputmapper.com/forum/general-chit-chat/...d-perhaps-bt-support

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #32 by Zaazu
How do I know what version I have installed?

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #33 by MoarDanFor

Zaazu wrote: I opened a ticket a few days ago on GitHub and nefarious was kind enough to give me a response.
github.com/nefarius/ViGEm/issues/65

He said:

You have to edit the AffectedDevices registry value via regedit in order for HidGuardian to take control of the device.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidGuardian\Parameters\AffectedDevices
The file generated by InputMapper does not include the device instance path for the version 2 DS4 controller so HidGuardian will not be used. Here is an example of the lines that should be used for a version 2 controller. The first line is for a USB connection and the next line is for a BT connection.
HID\VID_054C&PID_09CC&MI_03
HID\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB}_VID&0002054C_PID&09CC

I'll be giving this a go when I get a chance and report back.

Oh my gosh... this worked. to clarify, just paste the two lines to the bottom of the list and restart computer just like others are saying.
on latest version of windows

....why is this not just in the latest HID guardian? it's been an issue for so long now and seems like such an easy tweak...... whatever

Edit: THANK YOU!!!

1 year 10 months ago #34 by h-nitta

Zaazu wrote: Are you guys on Windows 10 with the Creators Update? or the latest Fall Creators Update

the latest Fall Creators Update(1709)

1 year 10 months ago #35 by wirenut48

Zaazu wrote: How do I know what version I have installed?

Why not just run that installer as it is the latest one with the additional fixes. Won't matter if you already have it installed, but may help if you don't.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #36 by wirenut48

MoarDanFor wrote:
....why is this not just in the latest HID guardian? it's been an issue for so long now and seems like such an easy tweak...... whatever

Edit: THANK YOU!!!

It would be hard for Guardian to list every controller out there, so believe it would be up to IM to include the registry entries for the controllers it supports.

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #37 by Jon
Any word yet? I see Zaazu & Jackal are playing around with something called HID Gaurdian? Would prefer NOT to have to use 2 different programs to get 1 thing to work! C'mon man.
Running: - Windows 10
- DS4 V2
- NOT downloading another program (shouldn't have to)

I did however figure how to get it to work via previously mentioned method. Just missed or finagled a few steps. This is how I do it:
1- X out of all programs, games, Uplay & Steam
2- Task Manager, End all Uplay & Steam
3- Unplug controller (I play hardwired seems to work best and I have a longer cord so it's fine)
4- Device Manger, "Human Interface Devices" right click disable "Bluetooth HID Device" (w/Device Instance Path including 9B34FB which is located right click "Bluetooth HID Device, properties, details, dropdown)
5- After Disabled & screen blink (refresh). Right click again and Enable
6- Open InputMapper, click on log to insure no faulty messages pop up
7- Plug hardwired controller in and watch for message at bottom to come up from Windows 10 stating controller in exclusive mode.
8- Open game and have fun (with a hardwired controller) Lol

1 year 10 months ago #38 by Zaazu

Jon wrote: Would prefer NOT to have to use 2 different programs to get 1 thing to work! C'mon man.

Hey,

If you're on windows 10 you need to install HID guardian, there's no way around it. I wouldn't really call it an extra program, just a service that runs in the background.

Anyways, it didn't work for me. I just chose to install Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2017 on my emulation machine since that uses the Anniversary Update rather than the Creators Update. Still installed HID Guardian since that's required, made the changes stated above and it works like a charm now.

Good luck!

1 year 10 months ago #39 by Nechigawara

Zaazu wrote:

Jon wrote: Would prefer NOT to have to use 2 different programs to get 1 thing to work! C'mon man.

Hey,

If you're on windows 10 you need to install HID guardian, there's no way around it. I wouldn't really call it an extra program, just a service that runs in the background.

Anyways, it didn't work for me. I just chose to install Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2017 on my emulation machine since that uses the Anniversary Update rather than the Creators Update. Still installed HID Guardian since that's required, made the changes stated above and it works like a charm now.

Good luck!

Have you try this yet?
inputmapper.com/forum/general-chit-chat/...all-creators-for-ds4
The following user(s) said Thank You: HEIDER.RAHEEM

1 year 10 months ago #40 by Jon
Ahh gotcha, thanks Zaazu & Nechigawara!

That link really helped. Works perfectly now!! Thanks a million!