$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.44

Exclusive Mode broken after Windows 10 Fall Creators update

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #21 by Alisha
The issue that just won't die. Time to try this out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #22 by tayedash82
Yeah same here for now I'm using the Xbox one controller till they fix it

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #23 by Alisha

Marcus wrote:

Demon King wrote: It had fixed both

Unfortunately, update 1709 broke exclusive mode again, and this time not even a full reinstall of IM + HidGuardian fixed it. So we're back where we started...

Many headaches can be saved by switching over to the Windows 10 "business" branch which will delay so-called "feature" updates. The regular consumer branch is in essence a beta Microsoft foists on regular users whose stability/compatibility they consider less important than their real customers in "business". On top of that, those "feature" updates (the new builds that break things) can be delayed up to an additional 365 days if you so choose.

This doesn't affect simple bug fixes or security fixes which everyone gets at the same time.

There's a ton of ways to just disable Windows Update.

tayedash82 wrote: Yeah same here for now I'm using the Xbox one controller till they fix it

I'm buying one soon. I'm sick of bothering with this.

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #24 by wirenut48
"update 1709 broke exclusive mode again"
Same thing happened to me, need to uninstall HIDGuardian then reinstall. Go to the device manager and under system devices you'll find HIDGuardian service. Right click and choose uninstall, make sure to check remove software to get a clean uninstall. Reinstall using the HIDGuardian listed here under downloads/tools.

inputmapper.com/downloads/download/5-too...utmapper-hidguardian

If your using 2nd gen DS4 controller you'll need to edit the registry to add the controller's ID's to the white list, this gets reset with a clean uninstall.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rokuz

1 year 10 months ago #25 by captaindooguls
How do I add it to the registry?

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #26 by wirenut48
Double click AffectedDevices then cut and paste the two lines below to the end of the white list.

You have to edit the AffectedDevices registry value via regedit in order for HidGuardian to take control of the device.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidGuardian\Parameters\AffectedDevices
The file generated by InputMapper does not include the device instance path for the version 2 DS4 controller so HidGuardian will not be used. Here are the lines that should be used for a version 2 controller. The first 3 lines is for a USB connection and the next line is for a BT connection.

HID\VID_054C&PID_09CC&REV_0100&MI_03
HID\VID_054C&PID_09CC&MI_03
HID\VID_054C&UP:0001_U:0005
HID\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB}_VID&0002054C_PID&09CC

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Demon King, Albert

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #27 by Demon King

wirenut48 wrote: Double click AffectedDevices then cut and paste the two lines below to the end of the white list.

You have to edit the AffectedDevices registry value via regedit in order for HidGuardian to take control of the device.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidGuardian\Parameters\AffectedDevices
The file generated by InputMapper does not include the device instance path for the version 2 DS4 controller so HidGuardian will not be used. Here are the lines that should be used for a version 2 controller. The first line is for a USB connection and the next line is for a BT connection.
HID\VID_054C&PID_09CC&MI_03
HID\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB}_VID&0002054C_PID&09CC

Thanks A LOT for this. Editing the AffectedDevices registry key fixed exclusive mode immediately :)

1 year 9 months ago #28 by Kain Morgen
I can second this!
Amazing. I added those lines in the regedit and now the Gamepad finally connects in exclusive mode again!

I tried lots of other suggested fixes before, which did not work for me.
Very happy that I can use the exclusive mode again.
Hope this won't have other side effects on games which I dont use Input Mapper with. :)

1 year 9 months ago #29 by Laraso
I tried the registry editing fix and it did not work for me, unfortunately. Still telling me exclusive mode is unable to be achieved.

1 year 9 months ago #30 by wirenut48
If it's not working you must not have HID guardian working properly. Have you tried a reinstall as I posted above? DarkFoss found he was having .Net issues, so check out his post here.

inputmapper.com/forum/inputmapper-1-5-su...xclusive-mode-errors