$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.44

Inputmapper is still broken due to windows update

2 years 1 hour ago #1 by whocares
This program used to work perfectly, but now it absolutely sucks. It was all fine until I updated Windows last night, and now the garbage program won't work 90% of the time. How can these developers leave it like this, yet still ask for donations? That hidguardian program doesn't do a damn thing either.

Does anyone know of another program that lets you use PS4 controllers on the PC through a USB cable? I don't use bluetooth. Would much rather find a program that's reliable instead of this one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #2 by wirenut48
Yea it sure would be nice if these windows updates would quit breaking these applications and drivers.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 11 months ago #3 by Nechigawara

1 year 11 months ago #4 by Marcus
The default update branch for Windows 10 is an unnamed beta that unwitting regular users are subjected to. I advise everyone to switch to the "business" branch and delay "feature updates" for the maximum 365 days. This won't prevent you from getting security updates and common fixes.

What it will do is 1) Save you the hell of buggy new Windows builds until they get worked out months after release, and 2) Allow developers to update their programs with compatibility workarounds when necessary. I am hopeful that the guy who developed IM will be back and working on the program again by the time the FCU is ready for "business" customers.

1 year 11 months ago #5 by Anacra
The software works fine for me, even after the latest big Windows update. I couldn't get bluetooth to work though, but wired connection was working fine. Using 1.6.10 version.