$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$19.97

How do I get this crap to work?

1 year 11 months ago #1 by Varacka
I decided to start using a controller again because flying in gta v is shit without it. I plug in my ps4 controller. Boot up input mapper and it works fine as before. I unplug my controller when working cause I needing the cord for my phone charger. I try it again and every time it gives that stupid error of "cannot enter exclusive mode" "cannot enter exclusive mode" I have turned off every fucking app. Steam, discord, gog, even the nvidia "experience". Turned off everything even windows itself in the form of multiple reboots. Yet this program refuses to work where it used to work perfectly. Is there anything else I should do besides throwing my ps4 controller against the wall and buying a Logitech controller and trashing this app?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #2 by wirenut48
Do you need exclusive mode? If not go to setting in IM and turn of the notifications. If you do there has been plenty of discussion on the forums about it. These windows updates keep breaking exclusive mode so can't really blame the developers.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10
The following user(s) said Thank You: hooie969

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #3 by hooie969
Not sure if this helps but I play GTA 5 & GTA 5 Online with my Dual Shock and Sony DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor . I'm running Windows 10 Pro build 15063.540 using InputMapper 1.6.10.19991. I do not use exclusive mode.

Since I'm right handed, I even have my triggers switched so I can control the gas with the left trigger and mouse the gun aim for drive-bys.

So with at least some builds it's stable. My hat's off to Wobbles and what he's created.