Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$4.75

Newbie questions

1 year 11 months ago #1 by jo halt
Hi
Just started using ps4 controller on pc playing skyrim se. Have some questions though.
1) when cable connected I can get sound through controller headphones but not when bluetooth connected - should I be able to with both?
2) can't figure out how to configure profile to get virtual keyboard to enter stuff during game?
3) I use touchpad to control mouse pointer, but if I remove (physical) mouse, pointer disappears, should I expect this?
Using imapper 1.6.10, win 10.
Sorry if these q's have been covered already but I couldn't find them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #2 by tremendoza
For the record I'm a user myself not an expert but IM doesn't support wireless audio unless using the official DS4 Adapter. For profiling you have to open up IM and go to profiles and create, save and set the profile to active. I believe if Windows 10 doesn't see a physical mouse it will show no pointer which is why I have an old tiny receiver always plugged in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jo halt

1 year 10 months ago #3 by wirenut48
IM doesn't have mouse drivers it just moves the cursor of the default mouse. Also BT would require specific drivers for DS4 audio.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10
The following user(s) said Thank You: jo halt

1 year 10 months ago #4 by jo halt
Thanks guys. Sorry for late reply, been away for a few days.