$5.00
CodemasterRob
$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$2.75

The new generation of DS4 does not work in Exclusive mode.

1 year 9 months ago #1 by Koopa Troopa
I apologize if this has been brought to your attention previously, but I did not see it in the threads. I recently got a new crystal blue DS4 which is one of the newer generation of DS4s where the lightbar can be seen through the touchpad. I noticed exclusive mode wasn't working and thought maybe some recent update to input mapper just broke exclusive mode for me somehow. But I later plugged my old DS4 in and it worked no problem and I had the same result with my friend's older generation DS4. Later I spoke with yet another friend in discord who has a newer generation DS4 and the same problem where exclusive mode will not work, so at this point I am pretty positive that something about the newer generation of DS4 makes it incompatible with input mapper's current exclusive mode. I hope this can be fixed in a future update, as I very much would like to use my newer DS4 for PC, and again I am sorry if this is old news. I'd advise anyone planning to buy a DS4 for use with input mapper to either avoid the newer model or hold off until this is fixed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #2 by wirenut48
"update 1709 broke exclusive mode again"
Same thing happened to me, need to uninstall HIDGuardian then reinstall. Go to the device manager and under system devices you'll find HIDGuardian service. Right click and choose uninstall, make sure to check remove software to get a clean uninstall. Reinstall using the HIDGuardian listed here under downloads/tools.
https://inputmapper.com/downloads/download/5-tools/76-inputmapper-hidguardian

If your using 2nd gen DS4 controller you'll need to edit the registry to add the controller's ID's to the white list, this gets reset with a clean uninstall.

You have to edit the AffectedDevices registry value via regedit in order for HidGuardian to take control of the device.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidGuardian\Parameters\AffectedDevices
The file generated by InputMapper does not include the device instance path for the version 2 DS4 controller so HidGuardian will not be used. Here are the lines that should be used for a version 2 controller. The first line is for a USB connection and the next line is for a BT connection.

Double click AffectedDevices then cut and paste the two lines below to the end of the white list.

HID\VID_054C&PID_09CC&MI_03
HID\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB}_VID&0002054C_PID&09CC

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 9 months ago #3 by Hugo Stiglitz
Crap. Glad I have 2 1st gen DS4's in addition to my sexy green cammo 2nd gen.

1 year 9 months ago #4 by Ryudek
I just started getting problems after a while and my InputMapper refuses to recognize my I think it is 2nd gen controller. Is a red one where you can see the light on the touchpad. I've tried this solution and didn't work. I'll have to send a ticket, but it has been really frustrating. Hope someone can help (it's wired, no bluetooth).
Thanks!

1 year 9 months ago #5 by wirenut48
The downloads section here offers some tools for checking for problem. try the ds4 health checker and the .net repair tool.

inputmapper.com/downloads/category/5-tools

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 1 month ago #6 by Wobbles
Why does this one post get all the spam lol

1 year 1 month ago #7 by Aleksandr
So im having a ds4 v2 controller. i have followed instructions at one post and now my exclusive mod works perfectly. But on fifa 19 game doesnt see my controller, i dont know what to do, pleases help me! :(

P.S in fifa 19 demo everything was perfect. I am surfing the internet for 8 hours in a row and cant find the solution.