$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$4.75

Fifa 18 PC

1 year 10 months ago #1 by lord_strange
Hi, I'm on Windows 10.0.16299.192 and using input mapper to try to play Fifa 18 with a PS4 pad using a wired connection.

The PS4 controller, which is an official Sony one, passes the XInput test perfectly when I'm at the desktop. It seems to function exactly as an xbox 360 controller should, all buttons are correctly mapped. It's also seen by Steam although I haven't tested with any Steam games yet as I mainly want IM to work with Fifa. So far so good.

The PS4 controller also *kind of* works when I go into the game. The game will take input from it, but once it has passed the initial loading screens, the controller skips every other menu tile at the main UI; they show as greyed out. Plus at some menu options it seems to get mixed up between A/x (south) and B/O (east), so forward and back commands for navigating the menu options are reversed. I can't use it to launch a match in kick-off mode for this reason. I *can* get into a game in online seasons mode, and the controller does work in game - but all the buttons revert to PS4 mappings for Fifa which are totally different to PC/x360 ones!

I do also have an Xbox 1 wired controller in use on this PC but I've tried the PS4 controller with it disconnected, and I still have the same issue.

This is very frustrating because IM *almost* works perfectly! Any help would be gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #2 by wirenut48
That game may require exclusive mode. So you need to have HIDGuardian installed to hide the ds4 controller. That way the game only sees the ds4 as a 360 so you won't get double inputs. Have a look at this thread to try and get it working.

inputmapper.com/forum/inputmapper-1-5-su...rk-in-exclusive-mode

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 10 months ago #3 by lord_strange
Thanks very much for the help. I have installed HIDGuardian and can see inputmapper cerberus whitelister running as a service but when I go to the registry key mentioned in that thread

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidGuardian\Parameters\AffectedDevices)

under 'Parameters' I can only see 'Wdf' and 'Whitelist'. There's no 'AffectedDevices' key in other words.
Has 'Whitelist' replaced 'AffectedDevices'?

Anyway, I'm still seeing the 'wireless controller' as well as 'controller (xbox360 for Windows)' listed in IM, so clearly HIDGuardian isn't working correctly. I have exclusive mode checked but it's giving me the 'unable to open device exclusively' error even though I have quit out of Steam. If you have any more thoughts I'd be grateful.

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #4 by wirenut48
AffectedDevices is actually a string value in the parameters key. Just make sure you have the parameters key highlighted and it should show up in the right view pane. This only needs editing if you're using a second gen controller.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10