Server, CDN, Network, Licensing
Development Budget
Developers Beer Fund
Recent:
Carlo
$5.00
m3rlinsbart
$2.00
Thank you - works great with Pokemon Desmume Emulator!
Katie
$2.00
CodemasterRob
$2.00
Daniel H
$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$50.00
Average donation
$7.23

Cannot Open DS4 in Exclusive Mode

1 year 10 months ago #1 by TheLibrarian
I simply cannot use exclusive mode anymore, and I don't have a clue what the issue is. I had been using DS4Windows to successfully open my DS4 in exclusive mode. This was successful until about two days ago. It seemed to stop working after updating my NVIDIA graphics card drivers.

I have installed InputMapper, HIDguardian, and edited the registry to whitelist the IDs for my DS4 2nd generation controller. InputMapper still fails to open my controller in exclusive mode.

Any advice? I'm going to try uninstalling InputMapper and DS4Windows entirely, and then reinstalling InputMapper with HIDguardian. I don't really know what else to do if that fails.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #2 by wirenut48
Input Mapper and DS4window are not compatible, so that may be your problem.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 10 months ago #3 by TheLibrarian
I appreciate the reply, but DS4Windows is not the issue here. It isn't even on my hard drive anymore. It seems like exclusive mode is simply unusable for many of us at the moment.

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #4 by wirenut48
Could try this version of 1.7 has most features except macros.
inputmapper.com/forum/general-chit-chat/...17167-alpha-released
And this HidGuardian
inputmapper.com/forum/general-chit-chat/...d-perhaps-bt-support
Works with Sony dongle, USB, and BT. And can be installed along with 1.6 if you use a different install directory.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 10 months ago #5 by TheLibrarian
I have no idea why InputMapper's exclusive mode still isn't working for me, but I did manage to get it to work with DS4Windows again. The issue was actually with the NVIDIA GeForce software. I had to disable the in-game overlay in that app. After doing that and restarting DS4Windows, I can use exclusive mode again.

1 year 10 months ago #6 by EppeyX
Mine doesn't work either :(

1 year 10 months ago #7 by wirenut48
Have no idea why it works for some and not for others, got to be something in common, just don't know what it is. Try the support section.

1 year 10 months ago #8 by Wiergate

wirenut48 wrote: Could try this version of 1.7 has most features except macros.
inputmapper.com/forum/general-chit-chat/...g-for-im-1-7-and-1-6
And this HidGuardian
inputmapper.com/forum/general-chit-chat/...d-perhaps-bt-support
Works with Sony dongle, USB, and BT. And can be installed along with 1.6 if you use a different install directory.

When you say it can be installed along with 1.6 if you use a different directory, how important is that and is the same directory known to cause issues? Don't think I've seen it noted before, but if that can resolve my problems I'm all for it.

I'm running 1.6.9.16357 and have HidGuardian in the same folder (DSDCS) since that's what it defaulted to. Every time I boot IM I get 'can't open in exclusive mode' with 'the issue likely resides with another application open that is trying to access etc.'

I only recently (and reluctantly) moved to Win10 and for all I know there might be other settings I'm missing, but I don't know what would be trying to access my controller since I always start IM before Steam.

1 year 10 months ago #9 by wirenut48
I just added v1.7 to the end of the install path to keep from overwriting the 1.6 files. Also have to rename the shortcuts. Files in the common appdata are different file types so no conflict. The custom guardian listed above works with both and should solve the exclusive problem. Uninstall the existing version of guardian first.

1 year 10 months ago #10 by Wiergate
Thanks!

However: will that retain the macro functionality in the hybrid 1.6/1.7 since certain files don't get overwritten or will that functionality disappear?
To me they're a key element.