$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.33

Inputmapper does not see my controller

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #1 by Hermann
So not programs Inputmapper, ds4 and steam see my controller. but my computer sees it in device manager and it makes a sound when I plug it in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #2 by Jackal
After using IM for a few months with absolutely no issues barring the exclusive mode one but got that fixed....now it just does not see the controller...as Herman says above it sees the controller connects...and then a second later disconnects.

Jackal6681
Hes not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #3 by relsig
Welcome to the forums!

In order to offer you any assistance we will need more information. Please see the developer's sticky post about how to properly request support.

I don't mean this to sound condescending or rude but I can't think of any other way to say it... There's zero chance that nothing changed on your computer and it is now having constant issues unless your hardware itself is having issues.

If you give us all of the information requested in wobbles' post I'll take a look and try to see what's wrong. Worst case scenario I can't figure it out and you now have the information necessary for someone more experienced to help.

you should also know that other programs such as ds4tool, etc. aren't compatible with inputmapper. In my opinion inputmapper is a significantly better option so if you have one of those tools for detecting DS4 controllers installed please follow that program's uninstall directions, reboot, and test inputmapper again before providing us the information.

lastly, the most recent IM1.7 nightly is throwing some errors for me and not detecting my controller, older versions seem to work. If you did update to the most recent version of IM1.7 try an older version and see if it works for you.

1 year 9 months ago #4 by Jackal
Thank you for at least responding Reisig.

I wanted to update you, I found the problem. Apparently as I connect via USB cable with my DS4 controller...the controller has a fickle usb port....so I have managed to damage mine a little somehow and I have ordered a new one which I will replace.I have managed a temp work around until that comes by taping the cable so it connects properly until then. I hope this helps someone with the same issue. My exclusive mode works like a charm and so does the IM. So thanks.

Jackal6681
Hes not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy!