Rain
$2.00
Fahad
$2.00
Carlo
$5.00
m3rlinsbart
$2.00
Thank you - works great with Pokemon Desmume Emulator!
Number of donations
Highest donation
$50.00
Average donation
$6.25

Hello, I'm having an issue with inputmapper finding my controller

1 year 9 months ago #1 by Genesisxyz
Hello there,I recently upgraded to a PS4 controller for casual couch PC gaming. I was using SCPToolKit and even have been using it with the PS4 controller without issue (Minus no touchpad support) I started searching for better software to use, to which i came across this. For a few hours now I've attempted to get this working properly.

The only issue I have is getting inputmapper to recognize my controller. It's paired and connected without issue, but isn't showing up at all inside input mapper, unless i hardwire the controller to the PC. My bluetooth dongle is a Broadcom 4.0, and like i stated has worked flawlessly with the PS4 controller already.

Am i missing some driver or something. Any assistance would be massively appreciated, If any additional information is needed from my end please don't hesitate to get in contact with me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #2 by wirenut48
It may be you didn't properly uninstall SCPToolKit as it's SCP driver takes exclusive control of the dongle. It may not be letting IM find the controller so you need to run the tool then choose uninstall. After that you can install InputMapper with it's version of the SCP driver. The Bus drivers can be found in the IM directory, so you could probably install it without having to reinstall IM, once you get the old driver removed.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 9 months ago #3 by Wobbles
You need to make sure to completely uninstall SCP including libusbk which is an incompatible 3rd party bus driver.

1 year 9 months ago #4 by Genesisxyz
Thank you both for your swift responses, I have in fact removed libusbk, which had priority over the dongle, and SCP. I've managed to get it working, but there is something I think is odd. For it to work, I start input mapper, then press the guide button, as soon as its on I have to press the guide a handful of times again, then it connect without issue. Is it normal to have to start the controller in such a way. Now, exclusive mode is false, which I can't get to change no matter what. Could that be the issue?

1 year 9 months ago #5 by Wobbles
Check your log, it is likely you have it set to attempt exclusive mode but it is failing to obtain it.

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #6 by wirenut48
You more than likely have a second gen controller since it's new. Follow how to edit registry in this post, also wounld'nt hurt to install that version of HIDGuardian.

inputmapper.com/forum/inputmapper-1-5-su...rk-in-exclusive-mode

Multiple restarts of the controller is normal for it makes a second attempt to connect exclusively if fails the first.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #7 by Genesisxyz
Hello, alright still haven't got exclusive mode working, It seems to be inputmapper, I've uninstalled and reinstalled all the other main xinput emulators and they all work fine, I'm being very careful to make sure to fully remove everything from each before every install. Also, from looking around online, I believe I have a Generation 4-5 PS4 Controller

From the log in input mapper i have this:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Then I have this in the Wireless Controller HID Events tab:
Device HID\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_VID&0002054c_PID&09cc\8&26e29a2d&2&0000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_258A&PID_0001&MI_00\7&19386cd2&0&0000
Class Guid: {745A17A0-74D3-11D0-B6FE-00A0C90F57DA}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF120
Present: false

I tried using the guide in this forum ( inputmapper.com/forum/general-chit-chat/...all-creators-for-ds4 ) to use the Hardware ID's to paste them into the whitelist, but anytime i change the reg, it stopped letting my controller connect to inputmapper all together.

I appreciate all the help fellas, I really hope I can manage to get this working. I love the work done with this and the fact you do make the attempt to get problems fixed.

1 year 9 months ago #8 by wirenut48
I have created a new thread on installing HIDGuardian, that one you listed is way to confusing and don't believe works in all instances.

inputmapper.com/forum/inputmapper-1-5-su...gen-controllers#3943