$20.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$20.00
Average donation
$4.64

How to Get Exclusive Mode Working Including 2nd Gen controllers

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #11 by wirenut48

KuroNeo wrote: I just did step 2 with the 2nd gen Dualshock 4. It did detect a 360 controller but now my PC doesn't seem to detect a usb connection from my controller. I don't see the generic "Wireless Controller" name or 360 controller show up in the USB game controllers list. IM doesn't detect the usb connection either, bluetooth doesn't work as well.

a g wrote: I am having the same issue as KuroNeo. Additionally I do not see Inputmapper Cerberus Whitelister under services in task manager. Please help.

If Inputmapper Cerberus Whitelister is not running the DS4 will be hidden from IM and no controller will be present. Inputmapper Cerberus Whitelister is installed with the IM version of HIDGuardian. I would do a uninstall/reinstall as recommended.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10
The following user(s) said Thank You: a g

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #12 by a g

wirenut48 wrote: If Inputmapper Cerberus Whitelister is not running the DS4 will be hidden from IM and no controller will be present. Inputmapper Cerberus Whitelister is installed with the IM version of HIDGuardian. I would do a uninstall/reinstall as recommended.

This worked thank you.

1 year 3 months ago #13 by Wobbles
HidGuardian v3 is due from Benjamin soon, when it gets finalized this will all be much easier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wirenut48

1 year 3 months ago #14 by Cato
I did a reinstall and everything, Cerberus service is running but I still cannot get exclusive mode for the life of me! I need help :(

1 year 3 months ago #15 by wirenut48
You did uninstall first? That is a critical step to remove the blacklisted driver. All I can suggest is repeating uninstall/install process, it may take a couple of times before windows will allow an active driver install. Haven't yet figured out how windows is blocking that filter driver.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 3 months ago #16 by Stepex
Hello. Some news about new HidGuardian v3? THX

1 year 3 months ago #17 by Wobbles
Last I heard still in works, you can check his website for more info though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stepex

1 year 2 months ago #18 by pathetic
It just works. Thanks a lot

1 year 2 months ago #19 by samsoniks
Heya. Heres a new one for ya (maybe)...
So i've been using IM for months and no issues... text macros worked in game like magic and so on...
Changed to gen2 controller and again no issues...

But... out of no where the macros stopped working in game (but worked in notepad). So i followed the instructions above. Installed, uninstalled everything, changes the regedit strings and so on. And now no matter which gen controller i connect macros wont work in game or in notepad.

I used the ds4 (gen1 and gen2) touchpad for click and swiping different directions to generate text using macros in game.

But now when i touch the touchpad on DS4 it works like a mouse on my pc and when i click it... it works as if i just right clicked my mouse. Any suggestions?

Also, i did not use hid guardian previously and it worked fine. But have installed it to see if that would fix the issue.

Thank you in advance!

1 year 2 months ago #20 by wirenut48
In your profile configuration settings, "use trackpad as mouse" didn't get enabled did it?
I report back if I can think of anything that would change the behavior of the trackpad.