$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.26

How to Get Exclusive Mode Working Including 2nd Gen controllers

1 year 4 months ago #21 by samsoniks
Sorry for slow reply, was busy with work.

So..., I reinstalled everything again. The trackpad issue is gone... But now the log wont show whats happening (correction: just checked... and the copy log function still works and it allows me to copy and paste in to a text document to see whats happening in IM)

But... none of the buttons or trackpad click/gesture macros are still working in game (I'm playing Rocket League) and use custom text for quick text communication.

Any advice on troubleshooting this further?
So weird for it to just stop haha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #22 by wirenut48
reinstalling won't fix that. I don't know anything about that game and how it communicates with devices, sorry.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 3 months ago #23 by N1ki
No matter what I do DS4 woun't recoginze my ps4 version 2 controller...

i gathered any fu***** ID and tested them in the regedit. installed HIDguardian and so on. it just dont work for me

1 year 3 months ago #24 by wirenut48

N1ki wrote: No matter what I do DS4 woun't recoginze my ps4 version 2 controller...

i gathered any fu***** ID and tested them in the regedit. installed HIDguardian and so on. it just dont work for me

Try reading this thread and see if it may be the problem you are having.
inputmapper.com/forum/inputmapper-1-5-su...-for-bt-connectivity

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #25 by MattH
This shouldn't be necessary with a working tool. One shouldn't need two tools, for the main one to be working, and go through a convoluted install routine. One shouldn't need to edit the registry. And after all this in all probability still expect that this doesn't work.

Your tool is not working, and you aren't doing it correctly, it's as simple as that. Bad job. (Cue obligatory "doing this in our free time remarks". Doesn't matter.)

Compare to the DS4Windows-tool. It works! Although it is reviled here. All I have to do is remove old greyed-out controllers in the Device Manager if it doesn't. A tip I have from elsewhere.

But you can't get it done, and there is no excuse, and you need to get out of your head and look at reality, it's just a bad tool...

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #26 by Wobbles
Um, its not our "tool" blocking exclusive mode, it is windows itself. We direct people to HidGuardian because it is flat out the absolute best way of accomplishing this, though it is still early in development itself and forces registry tweaks to incorporate a controller that was released AFTER the software. And no, DS4Windows does not have an alternative way to get exclusive mode, it reverts to shared mode just like we do. DS4Windows code for connecting to controllers: github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/blob/ja...ibrary/DS4Devices.cs not edited in almost 2 years and not working exclusively post Win 10 1803, hence why even their users use HidGuardian now per: github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/issues/142

1 year 3 months ago #27 by wirenut48
Just to add your troubles have nothing to do with IM and the way it works. It's not intended to manage your PC. The phantom and ghost controller left behind by other apps and improper termination of the controller is one of the issues keeping IM from detecting a controller on your system. This has been addressed here on the forums in several posts, so you didn't have to refer elsewhere to learn that. Sorry that windows keeps pushing updates that leave developers a step behind in fixing issues it presents.

1 year 3 months ago #28 by KuroNeo
How do I get IM Cerberus Whitelister to run? I just need that bit to work, I've done all of the steps. My 2nd gen DS4 does not use exclusive mode.

1 year 3 months ago #29 by Wobbles
if it isn't running just set it to automatic

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #30 by KuroNeo
Well then, I've just lost that connection to my 2nd gen DS4. Lately my IM hasn't been able to connect to the DS4. I've uninstalled and reinstalled HIDguardian, IM and the 360 controller drivers too multiple times. I've done the regedit parameters step many times and I just can't get IM to connect to my controller both wired and in bluetooth mode.

As you can see in the log, It does detect my controller is connected through USB but IM won't for some reason won't take control of it.

File Attachment:

File Name: imlog.log
File Size:1 KB
Attachments: