$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$2.21

How to Get Exclusive Mode Working Including 2nd Gen controllers

1 year 1 week ago #41 by Wobbles
Ok, next thing to try is to re-initialize the drivers and services by opening a elevated (as admin) command prompt, navigate to the install directory of the input mapper cerberus whitelister and run "driverhelper --uninstall" then "driverhelper --install". Once that is done post your "DriverHelper.log"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 week ago #42 by cArb0n0
Do I have to change anything? I just have a "driverhelper", no "driverhelper --unistall" or "driverhelper --install".

But I did click on it two times, and my "driverhelper" log changed now only has one line:

"[DriverHelper] INFO - Working Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper HidGuardian"

1 year 1 week ago #43 by Wobbles
Dont click it, you want to open a elevated command prompt and run those commands from within that directory.

1 year 1 week ago #44 by cArb0n0
Can you explain me how to do that? I have to open cmd?

1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #45 by Wobbles

1 year 1 week ago #46 by cArb0n0
Here is the log after unistall and install:

[DriverHelper] INFO - Working Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper HidGuardian
[DriverHelper] INFO - Install begining
[DriverHelper] INFO - Devcon location set as C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper HidGuardian\x64\devcon.exe
[DriverHelper] INFO - Inf location set as C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper HidGuardian\x64\HidGuardian.inf
[DriverHelper] INFO - Driver install success:
Device node created. Install is complete when drivers are installed...
Updating drivers for Root\HidGuardian from C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper HidGuardian\x64\HidGuardian.inf.
Drivers installed successfully.

[DriverHelper] INFO - Filter install success:
Class filters changed. Restart the devices or reboot the system to make the change effective.
HidGuardian

1 year 1 week ago #47 by Wobbles
looks good, reboot, run IM, connect controller, then tell me what the InputMapperCerberusWhitelister.log says

1 year 1 week ago #48 by wirenut48
Why do these updates blacklist a signed driver like HIDGuardian?
I got to look forward to this update myself. Usually always have to re tweak my settings and reinstall motherboard software.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 1 week ago #49 by cArb0n0
Here:

[InputMapperCerberusWhitelister.Service1] DEBUG - Starting Service
[InputMapperCerberusWhitelister.Service1] DEBUG - Starting Communication Pipe
[InputMapperCerberusWhitelister.Service1] DEBUG - Hooking WMI
[InputMapperCerberusWhitelister.Service1] DEBUG - Listening...
[InputMapperCerberusWhitelister.Service1] DEBUG - Trusted application inputmapper.exe at PID 7528 detected.

1 year 1 week ago #50 by Wobbles
@wirenut48 Because Microsoft in their all mighty wisdom thinks they know how you want your PC configured and disables/enables stuff at their whim, just like how Edge seems to keep replacing Chrome as my default browser...

@cArb0n0 Ok, everything on the service side looks good, now open device manager and find your DS4 controller and open properties, goto details tab and look for class upper filters property, HidGaurdian should be listed.