Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$25.41

DS4 Wireless Adaptor no power, DS4 turns off, latency, only wired, 2.0

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #1 by TheTrueIndiz
What's wrong?:

1. Sony DS4 Wireless Adaptor is always empty according to InputMapper (Red empty battery icon)
2. HUGE latency issues according to inputmapper (Over 160ms)
3. The Windows 10 problem fixer always says my Adaptor is a 2.0 USB device and not a 3.0, so I've tried multiple 2.0 slots and 3.0 slots. No matter which and whatever one I try, it keeps saying it's in a 3.0 slot. I've tried uninstalling the drivers, deleting the entire device from my device manager but nothing works. I have about 4 3.0 USB slots and 6 2.0 USB slots. You'd think one would work fine right?
4.My DS4 also doesn't connect to InputMapper so it immideately turns off after a few seconds. When it's connected wired and won't get recognised by InputMapper it pulses orange slowly.
5. DS4 Controller only works while wired after a LOT of work trying to get it to work, but only some times. Wireless is just not happening at the moment. (I tried every possible fix I could find myself before coming here).

Did it work fine before?:
It used to work, yes. same controller, same adaptor. Only problem is, it stopped working after I haven't used my controller in over two months because my GPU was being repaired at ASUS' RMA.

Info about what the state of things is right now:
Controller is charged, Adaptor is always in a 2.0 slot, they've been resynced multiple times, I've reset the controller through with a pin in the back and with holding the Share+PS button, I've tried HidGuardian for exclusive mode (Still installed). Man I don't know what I tried anymore, I tried MANY more things yet none have made it work as it should.

Hopefully there's a way around all this.

File Attachment:

File Name: Crash.log
File Size:37 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Log.log
File Size:9 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: vbusInstall.log
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Configuration.xml
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: DEFAULT.xml
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Windows Build.txt
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: InputMapper Build.txt
File Size:0 KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #2 by wirenut48
Kinda sounds like your adapter is bad, that red icon (which would indicate IM recognized the adapter) won't go off until the controller is paired with the adapter and on. Can you try it on another PC?

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 7 months ago #3 by TheTrueIndiz
Hey, thanks for responding.

I'll try it on another PC.

If it still shows the same I'll try and get a new one.

1 year 7 months ago #4 by TheTrueIndiz
Hey man, I just got a brand new adaptor and yet it still shows as an empty red battery.

OOGA BOOGA, WHAT DO?!

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #5 by TheTrueIndiz
Here's what I'm seeing btw:

Some times it's even switched around. The dongle being the first controller and the controller second.
Attachments:

1 year 7 months ago #6 by wirenut48
Not much to go on here. 1 icon shows dead controller plugged in USB, and other dongle with no controller. Must have some phantom ghost devices lurking, which are not easy to track down, or possibly missing SCP virtual Bus Driver. You'll just have to poke around in the Device Manager for anything that looks out of place. Unplug everything, reboot, then look for a HID controller device or dongle still present. Check system/devices for the SCP VB driver or 360 controller present. Maybe take a screnie of the HID and system devices expanded.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #7 by TheTrueIndiz
Yeah see the thing is, my controller is charging correctly, only the battery has been swapped out with a brand new one because I thought the old one got pretty warm, but that's apparently normal for lithium batteries. SO now I have a 2000mhz battery instead of a 1000mhz one, which is why InputMapper might get confused.

Apart from that, yes the dongle is showing up as another 360 controller in device manager. Only problem is. I tried disabling and deleting both of them, the bus drivers and all the hid-devices, restarting at least 3 times yet everything kept coming back no matter what.

I used to use the SCP virtual Bus Driver with DS4Windows back in the day, but I don't know how I could find it back in my bus drivers if it's already included in InputMapper because I wouldn't know it's name.

I also see people that constantly talk about a HID compatible game controller or something and to reinstall that, but I only have one thing that looks like it which is called HID compatible system controller, which if I delete it just stops my mouse and keyboard from working, not the controller.

I don't know how to find out what system/device would have a SCP VB driver because I don't know what kind of system/device would have it and if I do then I don't know if the driver would actually be called SCP VB.

The actual DS4 controller showing up as 360 I got rid of a few times, but the dongle keeps presenting itself as a 360 controller no matter what I try when I reinstall and/or replug it. Here's a screenshot of the HID and System Devices though. (As you can see now, I only have one 360 controller which is likely the adaptor, yet the controller is somehow working while wired right now):
Attachments:

1 year 7 months ago #8 by TheTrueIndiz
Oh also, I keep getting this:
Attachments:

1 year 7 months ago #9 by TheTrueIndiz
Also, my controller now works wired, but only after completely resetting and resyncing both my DS4 controller and the adaptor.

Another problem is that it only works when started up before the game. When the controller connects while the game is already active it just doesn't work.

1 year 7 months ago #10 by TheTrueIndiz
OH! I found out that the very VERY old SCP driver was still installed from back when. It stopped HIDGuardian from installing it's driver. I deleted it and reinstalled both InputMapper and HIDGuardian. Set them both up. HIDGuardian bus driver is now succesfully installed but sadly I can still only play through a wired connection.