$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$25.41

Tutorial on how to map a DS4 profile for a particular game

1 year 7 months ago #1 by Jackal
I am trying to map my DS4 controller for a specific game...Squad. I normally play the BF franchise and they offer full controller support but Squad doesn't. So a few actions and keys need to be changed. Also I want to invert my player view but the game only allows for this on mouse and Keyb. So thats just one example and then I want to map it out as close to Battlefield buttons as I like.I tried to find a tutorial but cant find it anywhere. I did ask this question in the discord channel too. HELP! am totally happy to pay for assistance in this case (if needed) ...shows how desperate I have become!

Jackal6681
Hes not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #2 by wirenut48
Mapping is pretty straight forward, you just map what action you want performed to it. You may need to do a search for the hotkeys in the game so you can assign those keyboard stokes to where you want. Best thing to do is to play around with it to see what it can do, sticks got presets for mouse and keyboard. Now macros are a bit trickier, but start small and learn, that's half the fun in mapping.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 7 months ago #3 by Jackal
Thanks Wirenut48 but I need to know how...I have tried a few things and cant seem to get it to work for me. I did find a site with the ....not sure what they are but can find this wiki.unrealengine.com/List_of_Key/Gamepad_Input_Names but I still dont know HOW to do it...thats why I was looking for a How to...especially for a tech challenged person like myself

Jackal6681
Hes not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

1 year 7 months ago #4 by wirenut48
Did a search for "Squad Hotkeys" and came up with this.
squad.gamepedia.com/Controls
Now create a profile named Squad set the left stick to preset wads and right to mouse. Then map the buttons to keystrokes from game, you're not going to fit them all so try to match what BF uses. Games like this could benefit from the use of macros to give buttons two seperate commands using a shift key(like holding on of the triggers or shoulder buttons). You just need to understand it going to take some time to get familiar with doing all this. Only you knows what will work best for you. This will give you good practice untill 1.7 comes out, which will have better macro abilities.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10