$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$20.61

Some love for custom controllers

1 year 7 months ago #1 by TheTrueIndiz
A nice addition to the InputMapper utility would be some support for custom controllers.

For instance, I have a second controller with a 2000Mhz battery to last twice as long. Is it possible to support the battery percentage icon to properly support that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Changing the capacity of a battery does not change how the controller calculates its charge level. Like adding a bigger battery in your car, the voltage does not change.

1 year 7 months ago #3 by TheTrueIndiz
Hey, sorry for the late response. But I meant it aas in: The battery icon doesn't work correctly when the capacity of the controller's battery is bigger. It just shows an empty battery (Not red) but does say 100%.

Probably means it's confused by it's 2x capacity?

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #4 by Wobbles
It cannot be confused, the principles of determining a batteries charge apply regardless the size of a battery. A 50% battery will have the same voltage regardless if it is 1000mAh or 2000mAh, and having upgraded my controller's battery myself, I can all but guarantee the battery you got lied about it's specs. The highest mAh I was able to find that fit in this controller was a 1800mAh, and even then I had to do some modifications inside the controller to get it to fit.