$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$25.41

I have two controllers working weird?

1 year 7 months ago #1 by cidux
So I have two controllers that I have connected to my pc and I have been having issues the controller I want to use as my base comes up as my second controller and I have no idea how to change it I have removed the other controller and completely got rid of it from my pc and the other controller I have still comes up as the second controller I was wondering how to change this as I could just turn on the one I wanted to use I dont wanna have to uninstall input mapper and reinstall but I will if it comes down to it. Also another question. I randomly get where input mapper makes my controller lag really badly to the point it is useless to use it. I used to use just the windows drivers for Rocket League but since I have started playing GTA 5 I need to use input mapper and it has been really annoying to randomly start lagging in a game like Rocket League which is all about timing. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

!!I BUILD CUSTOM GAMING COMPUTERS!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #2 by wirenut48
have you tried rebooting your PC with no controller attached? Then plug in the one you want to use and see if that works.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #3 by wirenut48
Also if you have any software for the other controller it may be setting it as controller 1.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #4 by cidux
No I have not I never have had to do that before which is weird. I uninstalled input mapper 1 and downloaded 2 and so far it seems i can flip back and forth between controllers like I used to be able to with older versions on input mapper 1 and no I dont have anything else for any other controller I made sure to uninstall all the other drivers that I had for the controller because I had already read of the forum that it was an issue some kid was having cause he used to use DS3 and no that is not my issue and I never had it before so Im a bit confused as to why it randomly happened and why randomly it does happen

!!I BUILD CUSTOM GAMING COMPUTERS!!

1 year 7 months ago #5 by wirenut48
Windows! One possibility could be that one of the virtual controller didn't terminate properly. Windows thinks it's still connected and creates a second. These situations can be hard to track down, you need some experience with the device manager to locate it. Best to unplug all controllers and look for an instance of one still connected.