$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$20.61

Windows Game Controller not showing in main menu

1 year 7 months ago #1 by Lumify
I have a wheel that shows up in the "Windows Controllers" list, and it works fine in games, but it isn't listed along with my Dualshock 4 at the top of the main window.

- If it's in the Windows game controllers list, does that mean it's registering as an xinput device (not directinput)?

- Is Inputmapper meant to support remapping xinput -> xinput?

- Does Inputmapper support wheels and joysticks?

- How can I get Inputmapper to map my wheel to an xinput controller?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #2 by wirenut48
Current version 1.6 is only for using a DS4 as a 360 controller. Version 1.7 will support a wider variety of controller configurations.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 7 months ago #3 by Lumify
I tried the 1.7 beta, and it's a black window with percentages at the bottom, some announcement lines, an ad at the bottom and a couple other visible spots. Is there a dependency I might be missing?

1 year 7 months ago #4 by wirenut48
I've ran into this too. Did you install the InputMapperIcons.ttf file from the Release folder? Also try deleting the configuration file in User/AppData/InputMapper and let it rebuild. I think with this last build I had to restore the previous configuration file I had backed up. Away try those things and post back, it may be a corupted templete configuration in the new build.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 7 months ago #5 by Lumify
No luck. I did manage to make a debug log, which I submitted.

I got version 2, but I can't find my device in the program. The wheel shows up in the Windows "Set up USB game controllers" list. Does that mean it's an Xinput device? I see plugins for Directinput and DS4 controllers.

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #6 by wirenut48
The wheel could be either, but more than likely a Dinput as most joysticks and wheels are. Are you wanting to use your wheel with IM? I'm not sure that is even possible with version 2 of IM as it was still in early Beta stages and requires a plug in specific to the controller. If your looking to use a DS4 controller, I will post my config that should get the nightly build working. The nightly build you can use a 360 as a DS4 or DS4 as a 360, but that's the limit at this time. All earlier versions are just for DS4 to 360 as that is what this app was originally designed for.

IM can't turn any Dinput controller into a Xinput one without a controller specific plug-in to translate input to output. Which is the future goal in development.

Attachments: