$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$2.00
Average donation
$2.00

Requesting help with Bluetooth Pairing.

2 years 3 months ago #1 by ShikariLoser
Hello, i've been sat for the past few hours trying to get my Dualshock 4 controller (1st Generation) to connect to Windows via bluetooth.

I am using the latest recommended version of InputMapper (1.6.10.19991) and have the controller working perfectly via a USB connection.

The bluetooth adapter that i am trying to pair the controller with is the ASUS USB-BT400 and i have looked around and found that other people have had success with this particular adapter.

I am currently using Build Version 1709 (OS Build: 16299.248) if this is helpful to anybody that decides to help.

I did manage to get the controller connected a couple of times except with the controller said it was 'paired' when i press the PS button it just seems to light up to a solid white bar, doesn't get detected by InputMapper (Or DS4Windows) and then turns back off a few moments later. Every now and then i can get it to connect like this but obviously it's not connected properly.

On a whim i decided to quickly test it on my phone and the Bluetooth paired up first try and i was able to give it a quick little test on a mobile game and it functioned fine despite having quite a bit of input lag (probably due to my phone's bluetooth).

Just another thing to add, i am using the drivers that Microsoft install automatically for the Bluetooth dongle and not anything that was shipped with the dongle since i know that can cause issues too.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any help in Advance,

Shikari

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #2 by wirenut48
I think your problem is DS4Windows not Bluetooth, InputMapper won't work if the DS4W drivers are present. DS4W is a manual uninstall so uninstall IM, run DS4W and and select uninstall in the driver setup tool. I would then check device manager under system devices and make sure there is no SCP drivers listed, Then reboot PC and install IM and reboot again to make sure the driver loads, then check the DM again to make sure the SCP driver is there. IM won't work without it.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

2 years 3 months ago #3 by ShikariLoser
When switching between different programs for testing i was sure to remove all of the drivers entirely, including the Xbox 360 controller drivers. Then i let the drivers install themselves again when i tried to set it up with the new program.

I can get the controller to work perfectly over a wired connection it just refuses to pair with my bluetooth adapter or it just seems to kind of 'half-connect'

Thanks

2 years 3 months ago #4 by wirenut48
I'm using the same dongle with the windows drivers and having no problem getting it to work. Did you also remove the controller from BT when switching? Those older programs don't have proper installers and don't use BT in the conventional way. This is why I'm thinking they may have altered something to keep the DS4 from working on BT as it should. All I can think to do is just keep trying to remove all trace of those drivers and DS4 BT devices. One thing to check is to set the device manager to display hidden disconnected devices. You may find a BT DS4 device configuration that needs to be removed.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

2 years 3 months ago #5 by ShikariLoser
So I've been through all of my device manager, removed all of the HID-Compliant Game Controllers, removed Xbox 360 Peripherals, removed anything Bluetooth related, uninstalled InputMapper and made sure to eliminate any trace of the older software i was trying. Restarted my pc, it reinstalled Bluetooth drivers and then i tried to connect and nothing.

It's really confusing me as to why, i got the dongle from Amazon originally and i don't have any issues connecting it to any other devices, plus i used to use the same dongle with my PS3 controller a little while back. I don't have it anymore though.

2 years 3 months ago #6 by ShikariLoser
Okay so after around 10-15 tries connecting it again. I got it to do this 'Half-Connect' thing again.

I recorded a quick video to try to help give a better understanding:

and i have also taken a picture to show that it does not show up in game controllers when it is 'Connected' : imgur.com/a/5YB6R

Hope this can help you to help me!

2 years 3 months ago #7 by Wobbles
Are you remembering to pair by holding Share + PS?

2 years 3 months ago #8 by ShikariLoser
Yes, of course.

2 years 3 months ago #9 by Wobbles
Try deleting the pairing on PC, then hit the little reset switch on the controller and start fresh. Also make sure you have no traces of libusbk, that seems to cause all sorts of havoc.

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #10 by ShikariLoser
I've checked and i don't have the service nor the drivers installer for libusbk.
Just for a quick test i tried to connect it to my other operating system i have installed: Ubuntu, i tried pairing here too and it does the same thing.

I have reset the controller multiple times during the process (so far about 6-7 hours of toying with this software).

I did realise that when i had my DS4 plugged in on wired i had InputMapper open and a blue light bar on the controller. When i closed InputMapper the light bar changed to Cyan (the colour i set previously for the DS4 when i was using it over a wired connection on DS4 windows) Although i have no trace of DS4Windows installed on my pc anymore and have made sure to delete all of the necessary drivers, once using their uninstaller and then again by manually looking through my services and hidden device manager options.