$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.00

Requesting help with Bluetooth Pairing.

2 years 3 months ago #21 by Wobbles
Even if not connected paired devices show in WMI as having an endpoint, your bluetooth enumeration looks wrong aswell.

Not sure if it is the controller itself, the BT dongle, or the USB hub the dongle is plugged into, but the driver for one of these is wrong.

Can you locate both the controller and the BT dongle in device manager and goto details tab and show what it says for device instance path, should look like this:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #22 by ShikariLoser
That's what i have.

Also the dongle is in a USB 3.0 Passthrough and i have tried in my desktop's Rear IO aswell just incase.
Attachments:

2 years 3 months ago #23 by Wobbles
what in the world. Your WMI also shows a lot of virtual devices, do you have something else that could be using the controller? Do you have DS4 support in steam on?

2 years 3 months ago #24 by ShikariLoser
I do have DS4 support on in steam although it isn't open. I was previously testing if Steam would pick up the controller. I have all of the support options on in Steam, the DS4, Xbox and the last one that i cannot remember the name of.

2 years 3 months ago #25 by Wobbles
That may be affecting it, I dont think steam needs to be running for that to take effect.

2 years 3 months ago #26 by ShikariLoser
Okay, give me two minutes. I'll disable all the options and try again. I was having issues previous to this though.

2 years 3 months ago #27 by Wobbles
Could had been a combination of issues. There are definitely virtual devices listed that shouldn't be and the controller is completely missing. When we figure that out the rest should fall into place.

2 years 3 months ago #28 by Wobbles
Also, out of curiosity, did you get the DS4 working in steam using their built in support either?

2 years 3 months ago #29 by ShikariLoser
I have disabled those options and given my PC a restart.
It seems that the computer finds that the device is connected but input mapper just isn't seeing it.
Another strange thing to add; When i try to connect the controller and it fails if i then hit the PS button the light bar goes solid asif it is connected to something but then goes off as usual. Do DS4 pads do this anyway?

2 years 3 months ago #30 by ShikariLoser
I did not. I didn't attempt to use it wired on steam but over bluetooth it just wont have it.
Also when the device is 'Connected' it doesnt show up in my game controllers screen. But when connected on wired it shows up in there as Wireless Controller and as Xbox 360 pad (because of exclusive mode being turned off)