$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$25.41

Crackling headphones sound through Sony BT Dongle on DS4

1 year 6 months ago #1 by TornaD-oz
Hello everyone, I use Sony's DualShock 4 USB Adapter and until recently it worked without any issues. I used to connect my headphones to the DS4 and have me some wireless audio, but yesterday when I connected everything I noticed "crackling" noises when the audio reaches it's peaks, like when listening to music, movies, etc.. I tried to connect the adapter to the different PC, and the issues persisted there also. Tried different controller, headsets, nothing helped. I reached out to Sony support and they stated that the only option would be to contact the seller and ask to replace the adapter, but our laws would make it really hard for me to prove that there is anything wrong with this device. Sony told me that they offer no drivers for this accessory, and in most cases would only help if you use Sony headset with DS4. They basically told me that they offer no support for a piece of product they're selling.

So, it seems to me that it is some kind of a driver failure, but I'm not sure what else to try. I really enjoy using DS4 with Sony's dongle through InputMapper, but that recently appeared issue puts me at a total loss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.