$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.26

Rapid Fire Macro?

1 year 6 months ago #1 by Monkfishy
Been banging my head against this for ages. How can I turn RT into a Rapid Fire button, so that it presses repeatedly by just holding it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #2 by wirenut48
You can do it if you unbind the trigger in mapping then create a macro for it.

Press Trigger
Pause 0.1
Release Trigger
Pause 0.1

This will repeat until you release the trigger. I'm sending you a sample to look at and view in Xinput Test.
You can decrease the time of the pauses for a faster rate, 0.05 would be twice as fast.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10
Attachments:

3 months 4 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #3 by David Wiedeman
The rapid fire macro code that wirenut58 included for download above; doesn't work for me. Am I not doing something correctly? The New profile.xml loads fine I just recrivr no rapid fire on the button (or any other button when I change the macro).

3 months 4 weeks ago #4 by Wobbles
Did you remember to unbind the button first?

3 months 3 weeks ago #5 by David Wiedeman
I am not home, I so cannot use InputMapper until then. And I have never heard of unbindinding. From InputMapperr's default config, could you tell me how to unbind? Thanks in advance.

3 months 3 weeks ago #6 by Wobbles
Unbinding is the first thing the post above says to do, before making the macro. The macro cannot take over as long as the original binding is still present. Just select the button like you normally would when binding and select unbound.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Wiedeman