$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.45

Mouse interrupted by Trackpad.

1 year 6 months ago #1 by Ronald Tucker
Even when the PS4 Controller is not on the default profile and is, in fact, being told to not be used as a mouse, my mouse seems to be interrupted on oddly regular intervals, only when I have Input mapper open with a controller plugged in.

If I need to provide more details, please tell me how to do so, as I'm new here. I tried to see if this problem was heard of before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #2 by wirenut48
So you do have use trackpad as mouse unchecked in the profiles configuration section?
I suppose another thing could be interference or bandwidth, power issue. Are they connected USB or Blue tooth?
Are you meaning when IM window is open? Open window would probably use more resources.
Probably going to be tough to track down.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 6 months ago #3 by Ronald Tucker

wirenut48 wrote: So you do have use trackpad as mouse unchecked in the profiles configuration section?

Actually, I tried both with it checked and unchecked. I still get the problem regardless.

wirenut48 wrote: I suppose another thing could be interference or bandwidth, power issue. Are they connected USB or Blue tooth?

USB. ...I am considering moving my mouse from its 2.0 to a 3.0 to see if it fixes the problem though, as it might be the priority or something.

wirenut48 wrote: Are you meaning when IM window is open? Open window would probably use more resources.

Universal issue. When the window is open or not, the problem still occurs.

wirenut48 wrote: Probably going to be tough to track down.

I guess this means I should probably provide a little more information. My controller seems to flash blue twice every now and then, and oddly enough, these are the regular intervals I talked about when my mouse wouldn't work.

I was tired yesterday and forgot an important detail. Sorry about that.

Despite the blue flashing, the controller seems to work 100%, so until I fix the issue, I guess the controller will be used as a trackpad.

1 year 6 months ago #4 by wirenut48
I have never heard of this issue before so is most likely system dependent. You don't have any other emulators installed do you.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 6 months ago #5 by Ronald Tucker

wirenut48 wrote: I have never heard of this issue before so is most likely system dependent. You don't have any other emulators installed do you.

Sadly, no. I wish it did be easier for me to figure out.

Also, I tested switching the controller's usb slot and the mouse usb slot, and it didn't work, so that idea's out of the water.