Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$2.75

Track as mouse in MAME64

1 year 6 months ago #1 by eustonr
Hi,

I have this issue that I'm convinced is InputMapper.

My PS4 Dualshock works well in MAME64, but the trackpad does not work as I'd expect.
It works in the UI (as a mouse), but you cannot use it to play any game. MAME will not see it.

My trackball works, as does my normal mouse . I think its the way inputmapper is presenting the trackpad input to Mame.

I have mulltimouse off (so all mice are seen as the one mouse - I've tried this on, too),a dn have mosueUI on.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #2 by wirenut48
The track pad on the DS4 is not a stand-a-lone mouse pad with its own set of drivers. Developers can use it to move the mouse cursor or any thing they care to program it to do. IM gives you the option to use it to move the mouse cursor in windows, for example. Now that is no guarantee that it will work like that in all games also, that falls on the game developers method of handling input devices. Bottom line, it's not a mouse pad but a programmable track pad.

Side note: since you are using IM to simulate a 360 controller the game would not even know you using a DS4 with a track pad.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10
The following user(s) said Thank You: eustonr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.