Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$25.41

Is it possible to disable InputMapper/HIDGuardian before running game

1 year 5 months ago #1 by eustonr
Hi,

I installed ImputMapper to help me get my DualShock working in various games that dont support the DualShock directly - ie, emulators such as Cidia, Project64, Dolphin etc - and it works great for those. And as a bonus - although the dualshock worked before in MAME, it maps the dual shock correctly in Mame, which is nice.

However other emulators on my arcade machine DO support the PS4 dualshock - ie, Retroarch, PPSSPP, PCSX2 - and although they also work with an emulated 360 controller, its no-where as good as the PS4 directly.

Stopping InputMapper isnt any good, as HIDGuardian hides the PS4 controller, so it isnt seen by Retroarch etc. I've tried stopping the HIDGuardian service, but that doesnt work. Is there a way to disable - or pass-through- InputMapper/HIDGuardian so that the dualshock works as a PS4 controller in Retroarch etc, but as a 360 controller in everything else?

One option is to uninstall HIDGuardian, but then exclusive mode wouldnt work.

I'm using 1.7 Inputmapper and Win10.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #2 by eustonr
Sorry, its version 1.6.10 of inputmapper

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #3 by wirenut48
I don't know of any way to disable a driver except to uninstall or disable it in the device manager and reboot to keep the filter driver from loading.

You don't need exclusive mode using the DS4 without IM, but you would have to re enable and reboot again when you do. Just the things you have to deal with when games don't properly support controllers.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10