Server, CDN, Network, Licensing
Development Budget
Developers Beer Fund
Recent:
Carlo
$5.00
m3rlinsbart
$2.00
Thank you - works great with Pokemon Desmume Emulator!
Katie
$2.00
CodemasterRob
$2.00
Daniel H
$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$50.00
Average donation
$7.23

Any work arounds for games that dont detect keys assigned to controller???

1 year 4 months ago #1 by Dre
So, i'm playing a game, this game has both keyboard, and controller functionality, both can be used at the same time. I tried to assign some keys on the keyboard to the PS4 controller buttons thats unused(PS button). When I press the button with the assigned key, nothing happens in game. I've tried assigning both the SCAN CODE key and the KEYBOARD key inside the input mapper software as those are your only choices. Both times, nothing happen once assign button is pressed. But when I pressed the assigned key on the keyboard itself, the action happens.

So I'm guessing there are many games like this that players have found, and figured, there must be some work around someone has found to get keys to work on games that do NOT detect keys assigned to controller buttons.

Running Input Mapper software 1.6.10.199
Using windows 10 Ver.1803 (OS build 17134.1)
Sony PS4 controller Gen 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #2 by wirenut48
Have you tried doing it using a macro? Unbind the key in mapping if you don't want it to also preform the default function and create a macro for the action.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 4 months ago #3 by Dre
I've already tried that.