$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.25

InputMapper won't detect my ds4

1 year 6 months ago #1 by antonio santoro
Hello, I've recently deleted DS4Windows, ScpVirtualBus drivers and 054c (Sony) drivers to do a full re-install of my ds4. After that Windows 10 will connect and recognize my controllers but any other application like InputMapper, Steam or even DS4W won't recognize it. How can I fix this? I've installed Hidguardian previously but I'm sure that I've got rid of anything installed by DS4W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #2 by wirenut48
Will it work connected with USB? Make sure you don't have any old references to the controller still residing in the device manager.
Submitting a support ticket wouldn't hurt. May also want to try the new version of IM it is far enough along I'm using it full time now. Read the instructions and check out some of wobbles recent checkin videos for further info in the chit chat thread.
The link on this page is not the current Nightly Build, use the link below from the new website.

beta.inputmapper.com/download/inputmapper-1-7-nightly-build/

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 6 months ago #3 by antonio santoro
Deleting the AffectedDevices key in the HidGuardian registry fixed the issue but I need to know the correct way to completely uninstall HidGuardian. I've already removed all the old drivers from the device manager.

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #4 by wirenut48
OK I know what was happening, it was incomplete installs of IM and HIDGuardian. With those entries in the affected devices makes the controller hidden from all apps. InputMapper installs a service InputmapperCerberusWhitelister so IM can see the controller. Evidently you didn't have that service running which may take a reinstall of IM. Use my sticky on exclusive mode as a guide line after reinstalling IM to setup HIDGuardian. Sounds like you have it uninstalled if it's not present in the device manager. Make sure you reboot after installs so the drivers and services can be added.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #5 by antonio santoro
EDIT: ok, now I have IM 1.6.10 and HidGuardian with that service running. What's next?

1 year 6 months ago #6 by antonio santoro
Still getting issues with exclusive mode, here is the log

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

1 year 6 months ago #7 by wirenut48
do you have version 2 controller? if so you need to re enter the device ids back into affected devices.

inputmapper.com/forum/inputmapper-1-5-su...-2nd-gen-controllers

1 year 6 months ago #8 by antonio santoro
I have a ds4 v2. I want to completely remove all IM, HidGuardian and register entries. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidGuardian" the only one?

1 year 6 months ago #9 by wirenut48
yes

1 year 6 months ago #10 by antonio santoro
I gave a try at IM and HidGuardian, after installed everything and added the additional strings in the AffectedDevices register key my controller doesn't work in game even tho I successfully gained access to exclusive mode. What it could be?