$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$20.61

50% deadzone normal?

1 year 2 months ago #1 by Crone
I've spent the last day trying to get a DS4 controller to work with Windows 8.1.

I've gotten it to finally work and wish I had switched to InputMapper a while ago except the problem now is that the left stick constantly pulls to the left.

XInput Tester shows the left stick at 14400, 516. I tried resetting the controller, and after reconnecting it was back to 0,0 but as soon as I got back in game, it was back to 14400.

Is there any other suggestions? I've tested the Radial_Hard deadzone, and need it at 50% before the left movement will stop.

If it matters, I'm testing this in the new Madden 19 that just came out on PC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #2 by Crone
Switched DS4 controllers and the new one has no calibration issues at all right out the bat. Using 5% or less deadzone on the left and right joysticks, and all works great. I'll try and figure out a way to calibrate the other one. Maybe through the Ps4 there is a calibration that it can remember?

1 year 2 months ago #3 by wirenut48
YOU CAN ALSO CALIBRATE IT THROUGH WINDOWS CONTROL PANEL, right click properties on controller.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 2 months ago #4 by Crone
Tried doing that multiple times. Ended up being a bad controller actually. Hooked it back to the Ps4, and it was doing the same thing. Googled it, and other than a controller reset, there is no calibration for the Ps4. Threw it away and bought another one at Walmart.

Sorry for the post, when it turned out to be bad hardware.