$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.33

Crash 1.6.10.19991

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #1 by Baaron
The bug where controller crashes still hasn't been fixed -- this error has been present ever since version 1.5.....

The bug occurs when left and right triggers are assigned to the left/right of the sticks, you may think this is a pointless exercise, but this is an absolutely essential mapping requirement for use with Google Earth which has the most cancerous mapping in the world.. DS4Windows worked for the first day and this feature doesn't crash it and works beautifully, but after first use with Google Earth -- Google earth cannot connect to it anymore, I even tried downgrading down to 32 bit, which didnt help

Input mapper is the only thing that works, but it crashes instantly after that specific mapping is done.. please add the support already to map the L/R triggers to X|Y of the thumb sticks....

additionally input mapper refuses to switch thumb-stick up and down axis, simply refuses

Error Log
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #2 by Wobbles
1.7 has this.

1 year 2 months ago #3 by Baaron
thanks of course, but 1.7 doesn't work, I am a skid, and there is no clear tutorial on how to make it work
can't you just tweak 1.6 final version to have this option?

1 year 2 months ago #4 by Wobbles
1.6 does not have this ability, if you dont want to use the new versions then there isn't much I can do

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #5 by Baaron
i would love to use new versions, but not when i have to compile everything myself, if i was into that id be using Linux*, cant you finish and turn 1.7 into an actual beta and not alpha where everyone has to compile? I tried it and it wont even detect my DS4 controller

1 year 2 months ago #6 by Wobbles
compile? there is nothing to compile, it's all binaries.

1 year 2 months ago #7 by Baaron
well i dont know what that means, all i know is that it is not as straight forward as 1.6, when will it be compiled and complete like 1.6 which majority of the users are using? and you are aware that 1.6 doesnt display your ads anymore right?

1 year 2 months ago #8 by Wobbles
I'm trying to tell you, it is compiled. I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but it is wrong. There is no code, there is no compiling.

1 year 2 months ago #9 by Baaron
are you being difficult on purpose? I mean that all kinds of other things need to be installed manually to make it work, open and read the installations instructions for crying out loud

This download is a nightly build. It is likely extremely buggy, most definately incomplete, and has a pretty good chance of being difficult to run.

ViGEm plugin does not include ViGEm driver. ViGEm driver must be properly installed and configured for this plugin to work. Only ViGEm 1.8.1.0 is supported in 1.7.6410 and older, for 1.7.6589 use ViGEm 1.14.

what the hell does this even mean, is it really that hard to compile all working packages into one EXE

1 year 2 months ago #10 by Wobbles
You keep saying compile, as if you know what that means or how hard it is to do it. It is a nightly build, I am not making an installer for it just for you, especially since it is only a couple minute process to run it without one....

I give up, do whatever you want.