$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$19.97

Lightbar glows after exit

1 year 1 month ago #1 by imuser777
It glows on exit. To anyone saying IM keeps the lightbar disabled, the light bar is OFF when the PC starts and becomes full glow when i (start and) exit IM. Steam controller emulation software doesn't have this problem either. It's a real problem because the controller continues to glow even after i turn the PC off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #2 by Wobbles
Use the option "Disconnect controllers on exit", also controllers have a timeout, they will shutoff on own if not used.

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #3 by wirenut48

imuser777 wrote: It glows on exit. To anyone saying IM keeps the lightbar disabled, the light bar is OFF when the PC starts and becomes full glow when i (start and) exit IM. Steam controller emulation software doesn't have this problem either. It's a real problem because the controller continues to glow even after i turn the PC off.

I think you my be confusing post of 1.7 with 1.6. also there is an undocumented shortcut to turn the controller off in 1.6 by holding the PS+Option buttons when IM is running.

Since 1.7 doesn't have lightbar support yet it turns off when a profile is loaded. I found a workaround by turning the controller off and back on again the lightbar would stay lit. Which makes it easier to verify that the controller has been turned off without relying on other means.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 1 month ago #4 by imuser777
Thank you for help. Based on this thread i decided to install DS4Windows. Premoderation is okay but the fact that you blocked my followup question really ticked me off. Oh and DS4Windows does turn the lights off on exit. So ye, nothing to solve here anymore.

1 year 1 month ago #5 by Wobbles
All forum newbs have a probation period, recent Russian bots have forced this measure.