$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$2.00
Average donation
$2.00

mapping mouse to analog

3 years 7 months ago #1 by raptorturk
it sort of works but there's the deadzone which makes it harder, so you apply a stick adjustment with deadzone, but the deadzone only adds a base negative value, meaning one direction is affected, so you can map the mouse perfectly to an analog if it's only to move left and up, but moving down or right is neigh on impossible due to the deadzone only working for two directions.

I'm not really sure another way around this, but I'd love to be able to map mouse to joystick well enough to actually use the mouse, I'll try some tinkering and post futher if I find anything that works effectively.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Yea, the stock adjustment plugin was pretty thrown together and isn't working very well, but you should be able to achieve the same results using a combination of other plugins, hardware deadzone is in fact nothing more than logic and math.

3 years 7 months ago #3 by raptorturk

Wobbles wrote: Yea, the stock adjustment plugin was pretty thrown together and isn't working very well, but you should be able to achieve the same results using a combination of other plugins, hardware deadzone is in fact nothing more than logic and math.

hmm, I've tried what I can but since I can't seem to use simple logic then simple math so if < 0 - 0.1 and if > 0 + 0.1 sort of thing to kind of remove the deadzone, but simple logic only allows a logic chain afterward or value selector plugins, so I can't do logic then math, only math then logic, so it seems as though it's not possible, but I may be missing something

3 years 7 months ago #4 by Wobbles
I would go logic chain into value selector with the source channel and 0 as options.

3 years 7 months ago #5 by raptorturk

Wobbles wrote: I would go logic chain into value selector with the source channel and 0 as options.

okay I've tried simple logic to value selector with mouse delta as the input channel then simple math + or - 0.1, I'll test that out and see how that works, I completely forgot you could use value selector with an input channel instead of a fixed value.