$5.00
sjoaquimsp
$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$2.75

Profile plug-in won't remember 2nd 3rd or 4th controller mapping!

11 months 2 weeks ago #1 by billy
So here my problem... I have 3 direct input controllers that I am attempting to use using the Scarlett crush plugin and then mapping out each individual button to the virtual Xbox controller, well it all works great until I unplug the controllers, what happens is every time I plug in my controllers and load my profile it only maps the first controller for me! Please help as it is EXTREMELY clutzy to have to map out all the buttons on the other 2 controllers...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 3 weeks ago #2 by SteveInputMapper
I've been trying to figure this out as well. The profile looks like this, (a very dumbed down version with one button.

[
{
"SourceChannel": {
"$ref": "DirectInputControllerInput.inGenericUSBJoystick.inButton1"
},
"InstanceGuid": "0ffef1fb-e383-428a-924d-529a904adf99",
"Mappings": [
{
"$ref": "ScarletCrush360VirtualBus.outController1.inA"
}
]
}
]

So I've been trying to add a second controller to this, but so far not having any luck. You can see the source channel is,

DirectInputControllerInput.inGenericUSBJoystick.inButton1

And I think the problem happens is because each generic usb device is also called inGenericUSBJoystick so the trick is how to distiguish one from another. The program itself certainly can, but the profile manager can't, as it ends up turning that field to "null" for any 2nd 3rd or 4th device plugged in. There has to be a trick here. I'll keep playing with it.

1 month 1 week ago #3 by JuanBriones
Same problem here, actually is worst, I set all mapping buttons for both generic gamepads with Scarlett plugin to a x360 controllers, works perfectly but after restart, all my bindings are gone, including the first one.

1 month 1 week ago #4 by Wobbles
You also need a profile plugin to save and recall changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JuanBriones

1 month 5 days ago #5 by JuanBriones
Added a profile and work (thanks Wobbles!), but now I have the problem of distiguish one from one generic controller to the other (same control name issue), any ideas? Thaks in advance

1 month 5 days ago #6 by SteveInputMapper
You're at the same problem the rest of us are at now.

The profile won't save the values of a second controller if it has the same device. The software does distinguish between the two, since you definitely can map two different controllers of the same name, the profile manager just doesn't know how to save the second set . I've tried everything I could think of to manually code it with no luck. I think it has to be fixed by someone familiar with the source.

1 month 5 days ago #7 by Wobbles
What devices are you guys using, depending on your needs IM 1.7 may be better suited

4 weeks 2 days ago #8 by JuanBriones

Wobbles wrote: What devices are you guys using, depending on your needs IM 1.7 may be better suited

I tried, but I need to map digital to analog inputs, only the 2.0 version allow that (It's very flexible).

4 weeks 2 days ago #9 by Wobbles
1.7 very definitely does that.

4 weeks 2 days ago #10 by SteveInputMapper
I am mapping old analog cheap $5 controllers to xbox 360 in order to use them with my xbox one X through steaming on my laptop.

Works beautifully too, other than I need to remap controller 2 anytime I want to use 2 of them. Just a pain to go through it and manually map every button on that second controller, so much so I have just been leaving my laptop in sleep mode to not have to do it.