$20.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$20.00
Average donation
$4.64

DS4 V2 support... ?

1 year 1 month ago #11 by wirenut48
Is that the V2 controller that says unknown and has no VID/PID identifiers? If so I would say the controller is bad.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #12 by RedShadow
The same "unknown device" is shown when I plug my DS4 v1.
Both my v1 and v2 translate to a proper x360 pad when plugged in with USB.
v1 works on IM, but not v2.
Both v1 and v2 work on DS4Windows (Ryochan's)

1 year 1 month ago #13 by wirenut48

RedShadow wrote: The same "unknown device" is shown when I plug my DS4 v1.
Both my v1 and v2 translate to a proper x360 pad when plugged in with USB.
v1 works on IM, but not v2.
Both v1 and v2 work on DS4Windows (Ryochan's)

What do you mean translate into proper 360? It won't do this on it's own so what app have you got running doing this?
If you got DS4W running you need to uninstall it and make sure the SCP Driver it uses is uninstalled. Install the one in the IM 1.6 directory and reboot your PC. IM can't function properly with DS4W running and the SCP driver it uses turns your BT into a dedicated controller dongle.

This would answer all the problems you've described.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 1 month ago #14 by RedShadow
Well, IM does create a virtual xbox360 pad from the real "Wireless controller" device.
This is what I meant with the 'translate' part.
It occurs when IM is ran and detects the pads.

This is why I posted 2 screens, one before IM with the pure Wireless Controller (reported as Unknown Device in HID_ReportListener) and the 2nd screenshot after IM is ran.

IM can function along DS4W fine, as it doesn't use the SCP drivers.
I'm using the ViGEm drivers instead for DS4W.

1 year 1 month ago #15 by wirenut48
What ever, I don't know why you would need two Apps doing basically the same thing and then not expect problems, Good Luck.

1 year 1 month ago #16 by RedShadow
I'm using both IM and DS4W for debugging purpose.
I mentioned using DS4W, like, 7 hours ago, after you hinted that my controller may be "bad".
It was to show you that my DS4 v2 has no issue since it woks with DS4W.

Since I mentioned using DS4W only a few hours ago, it implies I was not using DS4W earlier...
Which means the 'expected problems' you are hinting I have, because I am using DS4W, are irrelevant.

There is only one problem: the write failure on IM 1.6 with my v2 pad using USB.
And this problem existed before I used DS4W to test my v2 pad.

Let's hope the HID_ReportListener dump I gave will help solve this issue on IM in the future.

1 year 1 month ago #17 by wirenut48
I don't know how you expect me to assume any of that. The HID_ReportListener info is useless, you need to generate a bug report from the IM menu to get any useful info. I'm not the developer just a user that has been following this project from the start. All I can say is there is no issues with IM and the version 2 controllers. You said you weren't using DS4W but did you have it installed? IM is not compatible with that or really any other mapping App with drivers installed.

1 year 1 month ago #18 by RedShadow
I gave the HID_Report to give the device id/class name. Didn't know a better report from IM existed. That's nice.
Will try and output one soon.

You seem to be confused a lot with DS4W.
There is no "install" for DS4W. It's a portable app. Just like IM btw. Only the drivers need to be installed. And they are different from the ones IM use.
At the time I had the write failure error, no, DS4W wasn't "installed". But, there is no install anyway.
To be extra clear, no I didn't have any DS4W drivers installed either.
There was just IM 1.6 with its SCP drivers

Both app can be "installed" concurrently as they do not use the same drivers.
And both start to hook devices only when they are ran. As long as both aren't ran at the same time (which I actually didn't try) they seem to work fine independently.
Agreed, this is not ideal and could create more issues.

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #19 by RedShadow
oooh very interesting. I narrowed down the issue.
It's not a DS4V2 issue.

My issue arises when BOTH v1 and v2 are plugged.
When both are connected, the v2 controller gets dropped by IM.

Since I bought a v2 pad recently, my v1 was already plugged in in my previous tests.
Hence why I thought it was a v2 issue since I was always plugging my v2 after the v1 was already plugged.

Prereqs:
- Uninstalled SCP drivers
- Uninstalled IM 1.6
- Uninstalled HID guardian
- Uninstalled ViGEm bus driver
- Removed all HID and Gamepad hidden devices
- Restarted OS
- Installed IM 1.6
- IM setup installs SCP drivers
- Reboot
- Open IM 1.6
- Plug DS4V2 using USB
- Wireless Controller installs
- x360 installs itself
- Pad is functional
--> Created log "DS4V2 alone.log"

Now
- Plug DS4V1 in USB
- Observe write failures
- DS4V2 gets disconnected
- DS4V1 stays connected
--> Created log "DS4V1 plugged after DS4V2 was plugged.log"

EDIT: Couldn't find the "generate bug report" option so instead I exported the trace logs
Attachments:

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #20 by wirenut48
Interesting find, that's a new one for the books. Do you get the same results using BT? Surprising that no one else has reported issues using two versions together. Probably a limitation of the SCP driver.
Yes, I'm not familiar with that fork of DS4W using the vigem driver, and what you say could very well be true. V 1.7 of IM also uses the ViGEm driver in place of the SCP. I'm only using the nightly build on my fresh install of windows, and don't plan on installing any apps with SCP drivers. You should give the new version a try, but make sure to get it from the new IM beta website. The link here is not being updated.