$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.45

Rock Band 4 Drum Set

3 years 2 weeks ago #1 by FourtySeven
Hi guys! I want to create Rock Band 4 Drum Set plugin to make PRO-drumming available in Phase Shift. How can I download plugins API?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 weeks ago #2 by Wobbles
RB4 drum set is already xinput isnt it?

3 years 2 weeks ago #3 by FourtySeven

Wobbles wrote: RB4 drum set is already xinput isnt it?

Unfortunately, no. I'm sorry, I forgot to say that I meant PlayStation 4 Drum Set. It's behavior seems to be very similar to DualShock4. It recognizes in Windows, but with limited functionality. It does not make a distinction between cymbals and toms. I mean that when you hit yellow tom or yellow cymbal, Direct Input sees the same logical button. Some game even does not see it as HID device (the same with DualShock4).

3 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Wobbles
Have you tried the Direct Input plugin? it may show up in there.

3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #5 by FourtySeven

Wobbles wrote: Have you tried the Direct Input plugin? it may show up in there.

Yes. I tried it. It successfully maps to X360 controller, but only with 4 logical buttons - no distinction between cymbals and toms. I think it has some hidden functionality (something like touchpad and gyroscope in DS4, which is not available in DirectInput, but is available in InputMapper) and needs some sort of driver. I wonder how can I read the raw data from this device.

3 years 1 week ago #6 by Wobbles
hmm ok, well first off have you broken down the HID report and determined its layout?

3 years 1 week ago #7 by FourtySeven

Wobbles wrote: hmm ok, well first off have you broken down the HID report and determined its layout?

No. How can I do that?

3 years 1 week ago #8 by FourtySeven
Well, I wrote a test program using HID API today and managed to get raw data from Drum Set. It provides 78 bytes of data. Byte #5 represents a mask of pressed logical buttons. Byte #6 represents foot pedal (0 or 1). And there are 7 bytes (#43..#49), which represent velocity of each cymbal and pad from 0 to 255. So I think it is possible to write a plugin for this device. The question is: how? If someone would give me an API for InputMapper, I'll do it myself.

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #9 by FourtySeven
Hello again, guys. I really-really want to make this plugin to allow many people around the world use this drum kit on PC. I have already analyzed raw input data from this device and just want to help to improve and extend InputMapper 2.0 functionality. Is it so bad? I just need a description of plugin format to know what data a DLL should provide. And maybe some tips, so that I could do it the right way. Come on please, who can I contact to?

2 years 11 months ago #10 by Wobbles
There is some info here: inputmapper.com/help/12-input-mapper-2-0-alpha and its also worth looking on git at the existing plugins that I have there to see how they work.