$2.00
Keanu Allridge
$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.36
× ATTENTION: InputMapper has a new system for tracking feature requests. Please visit inputmapper.com/support and submit a ticket there.

Better DS4 Deadzone

3 years 3 months ago #1 by Wesley Cruz
Hey there,

I recently moved to PC gaming from console and I have to say, IM has been a life saver for allowing me to competitively play online with a controller. I express my sincerest gratitude. As I have been experimenting with different settings for games, I found reducing deadzone on the joystick to be essential when it comes to accuracy. In the last week I have noticed a problem with the aiming when setting deadzone in the negatives. The problem is that when you aim up, down, left, or right, the aiming cursor does not move in that direct, well, direction. Instead you get a kind of diagonal input. So if I turn the stick to go left, it moves left, but strides up and down diagonally. Like this \/\/\/\/. It happens in every game. Now, I have been messing around with the steam client beta and the DS4 support configuration settings there. When I mess with the deadzone on steam, I get the same zig zag movement effect, BUT they have this thing called " anti-deadzone buffer" or something like that. It actually smoothens out the zigzagging giving you beautifully sensitive and responsive direct inputs with no zigzag. I wanted to know if you could put in a feature like that into this program for gamers like me? Steam is still very buggy and I am not able to play non steam games with great deadzoneless settings. Please let me know what you think and if any of this makes sense. Thank You again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Have you tried radial deadzone?

3 years 3 months ago #3 by Wesley Cruz
I have, but there seems to be no effect when you move deadzone into the negatives. Sensitivity is the same as with deadzone at zero or just the default controller settings overall. I'll take a second look at it though. Thank you for the reply.

3 years 3 months ago #4 by Wesley Cruz

Wobbles wrote: Have you tried radial deadzone?

So I just finished messing with the radial hard option. Unfortunately the deadzone doesn't seem to decrease as you lower the values. I went back and forth between several different values and negatives don't seem to change anything. Going into positives does indeed increase deadzone. I'm not sure what's up with the negatives. Is there something wrong with the values? I would be more than happy to donate for an improvement.

3 years 3 months ago #5 by Wobbles
There are a few bugs and it has been completely re-done for the new version of IM I am working on: inputmapper.com/forum/general-chit-chat/...-for-sticks-and-axes but its not quite ready for release yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wesley Cruz

3 years 3 months ago #6 by Wesley Cruz
Wow this is exciting. Thank you for all the work you do. Can't wait.