Server, CDN, Network, Licensing
Development Budget
Developers Beer Fund
Recent:
Carlo
$5.00
m3rlinsbart
$2.00
Thank you - works great with Pokemon Desmume Emulator!
Katie
$2.00
CodemasterRob
$2.00
Daniel H
$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$50.00
Average donation
$7.23

Official Sony DS3 Windows Drivers

11 months 2 weeks ago #1 by spiken0
I don't know if it is common knowledge(if it is just ignore me;). There is oficial sony ds3 windows driver. To get it you have to install PS Now, sony streaming service. After that ds3 is recognized as a standart direct input hid controller and even gyro works. I don't know if inputmapper implementation of ds3 is using it but if not it should make things easier(i think;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh King

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 2 weeks ago #2 by Wobbles
I wonder if these were just taken from Nefarius' project and bundled in. Good to know though, thanks.

11 months 2 weeks ago #3 by spiken0

Wobbles wrote: I wonder if these were just taken from Nefarius' project and bundled in. Good to know though, thanks.

If by "Nefarius' project" you mean nefarius/ScpToolkit it defintly is not the same thing. Qouting reddit: "Trivia: PSNow drivers, are nothing else than those sony has been providing to PS3 developers in the official sdk for testing purposes since forever
You can download them separately here: darkcloud.forumcommunity.net/?t=56241030 "

11 months 2 weeks ago #4 by Wobbles
No, i meant the fireshock project. Benjamin has had a project going on for a while now that is a thin UMD or filter driver for DS3'. It's a MIT license like most of his other projects so I'm curious is Sony appropriated them from there kinda like how Oculus appropriated a couple drivers from his ViGEm project.

Either way I will look into making sure IM 1.7 DS3 plugin supports input from these drivers.

11 months 2 weeks ago #5 by Wobbles
No support for the PS 3 Nave controller though, bummer.

11 months 2 weeks ago #6 by spiken0
Just tested and the driver works as intended and steam has built in support for ds3 with this driver(full steam input support).
Unfortunately i didn't find any way to connect ds3 to a bluetooth in a regular way without taking over blutooth dongle.
As somone who's usnig both ds3 and ds4 for coop games(fifa, lego, fighting games) i'm still foced to use scptoolkit as it is the only tool that allows boths ds3 and ds4 at the same time through bluetooth.

11 months 2 weeks ago #7 by Wobbles
Under windows there is no way to connect the DS3 to BT without a completely replaced custom BT driver (that breaks it for normal BT ussage) as the DS3 requires a stupid "magic packet" to start communication and none of the Windows BT libraries expose a way to send the needed handshake. So that will unfortunately alwayse be a problem.

3 months 3 weeks ago #8 by mitikothari
If like me, you've been using 3rd party wrappers like SCP and MotionInJoy or BetterDS3 to use your DualShock3/PlayStation 3 controllers, you'll know that sometimes the wrappers cause bluescreens and/or have choppy performance when your PC is running out of resources. I've recently updated my drivers with Sony's official DS3 drivers and things have never run more smoothly on my end.

Pros: No need to run extra software. PS3 Controller will work as DirectInput. (Gyros work and pressure sensitive buttons work)
Cons: You will still need a wrapper for XInput (Steam Big Picture) and will only be able to use your controller with a wire, no official bluetooth support yet.
Here's how to set it up: docsbay.net/official-sony-ds3-drivers-an...-for-windows-players

3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #9 by Wobbles
yea, the fireshock drivers have come a long way though, SCP is a long dead and buried early generation of drivers and should never be mentioned again lol. Fireshock no longer BSOD or have leaks, and with added bonus they support PS Nav and Motion controllers.