Site Login

This Months Donations

$535.62
of $500.00 goal
Server, CDN, Network, Licensing
Development Budget
Developers Beer Fund
Recent:
Sven Eckelmann
$10.00
Nick van de Wall
$500.00
making life on the road more fun thnx
Eric Cota
$2.00
Ricardo Nunes
$2.00
Nick
$2.00
Number of donations
21
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$25.41

Check In: Sept 20 2016 (Sony Dongle and DS4v2 support added)

3 years 4 weeks ago #1 by Wobbles
Patched DLL's here: inputmapper.com/forum/attachment/121 ...

Getting over the flu so not nearly as much progress as I had hoped. But 2 good things that I was able to accomplish was to include support for both the Dualshock 4 version 2 controller that is shipping with PS4 Slims, and the new Sony Dualshock 4 wireless adapter. I have also confirmed the the DS4 wireless adapter exposes the audio port on the DS4 to windows as a normal audio device, meaning yes, you can finally use your headset on your DS4 with PC.

 

 

Patched DLL's here: https://inputmapper.com/forum/attachment/121

Read article...
The following user(s) said Thank You: George Welsh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Moskeeto
Is it at all possible to reverse engineer the audio drivers in the Sony dongle? I really don't want to limit myself to one controller.

Another question, does their dongle receive inputs from the controller differently from other bluetooth dongles? I know when I played on PS Now, the only way for it to work was through USB or by using InputMapper emulating Xinput. However, I needed to play through USB without Xinput if I wanted to use the gyroscope for certain games. Would it at all be possible to have it work like that through a regular dongle so I can play PS Now wirelessly with no issues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #3 by marc gooding
After seeing the video today i went down the town and bought the new Sony Dongle as it has the 'holy grail' of audio pass through like you say in the video. I realise that you dont have this yourself yet, but i want to check something as i feel im getting some wires crossed. Ive downloaded the two DLL files to allow input mapper to connect the Dual shock 4 via the new dongle - great, it works.

I can also see the headset in windows devices, and before i turned on input mapper, when i tapped my microphone its shows as receiving input on the windows recording device.

But now that ive launched inputmapper I cant get sound in or out of a headset connected to DS4. Is it because inputmapper has grabbed the device to use it as a 360 controller? Even when i turn off input mapper the sound doesnt work anymore!

Does anyone have any idea how it does/could work? Bit of a waste if all it does is act the same as my £3.00 dongle - but costs £20.00!

*edit* i rebooted a few times and disconnected any extraneous devices and i can get sound working now AS LONG, as you dont launch input mapper. Once you launch input mapper, sound is disables even after exiting IM again. No way of getting sound to work again until I reboot my machine. So atm, its kind of pointless to get one as far as i know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Wobbles
@Marc, I suspect either your computer or you are still trying to connect to the DS4 via BT, doing this disconnects the DS4 from the sony dongle and makes it BT. Its a weird thing that I don't know the best way to articulate yet, but contrary to what instinct tells you, make sure to remove the DS4, uninstall, un-pair, yada yada completely then let the dongle handle the connecting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Wobbles

Moskeeto wrote: Is it at all possible to reverse engineer the audio drivers in the Sony dongle? I really don't want to limit myself to one controller.

Another question, does their dongle receive inputs from the controller differently from other bluetooth dongles? I know when I played on PS Now, the only way for it to work was through USB or by using InputMapper emulating Xinput. However, I needed to play through USB without Xinput if I wanted to use the gyroscope for certain games. Would it at all be possible to have it work like that through a regular dongle so I can play PS Now wirelessly with no issues?


The Audio in the DS4 has been reverse engineered and decoded since pretty much the week it launched, the issue has alwayse been the way Windows interacts with hardware (specifically BT devices) prevents the level of free roam access needed to tap into the DS4 services.

The Sony dongle is essentially its own BT (but not really BT, more like a proprietary cousin to BT). Since the wireless connection and decoding is all done at the hardware level it has a more direct access to the DS4 functionality that software level drivers in windows BT have, thus allowing all the features and exposing them properly to windows.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #6 by marc gooding

Wobbles wrote: , make sure to remove the DS4, uninstall, un-pair, yada yada completely then let the dongle handle the connecting.


Hey thanks for the reply dude, I had removed all the other devices, but this time i uninstalled inputmapper as well, I had already removed my other BT dongle so the only thing it can connect via is the new Sony one. I can get audio from windows just with the dongle but its useless for anything other than remote play (obviously) So I reinstalled IM then the DLL's and as soon as i turn on IM it kills the ability to pass through audio still, or use it for remote play. If i exit IM, then unplug and reinsert the Sony Dongle the sound comes back through the controller port. I tried turning off exclusive mode and anything else i can think of but nothing works once i turn on IM. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Wobbles

marc gooding wrote:

Wobbles wrote: , make sure to remove the DS4, uninstall, un-pair, yada yada completely then let the dongle handle the connecting.


Hey thanks for the reply dude, I had removed all the other devices, but this time i uninstalled inputmapper as well, I had already removed my other BT dongle so the only thing it can connect via is the new Sony one. I can get audio from windows just with the dongle but its useless for anything other than remote play (obviously) So I reinstalled IM then the DLL's and as soon as i turn on IM it kills the ability to pass through audio still, or use it for remote play. If i exit IM, then unplug and reinsert the Sony Dongle the sound comes back through the controller port. I tried turning off exclusive mode and anything else i can think of but nothing works once i turn on IM. :(


You may need to disable exclusive mode in the IM settings, if that doesn't do it try disabiling "Emulate controller" in the assigned profile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #8 by marc gooding

Wobbles wrote: You may need to disable exclusive mode in the IM settings, if that doesn't do it try disabiling "Emulate controller" in the assigned profile.


Cheers for the suggestion, as i say i had disabled the exclusive mode in case that was causing a problem, and disabled the emulate controller in the profile section (couldnt remember its name) but no dice. Did a restart and reinstall IM and the dongle after your last reply and diabled both again but same story. IM and Sonys dongle isnt playing nice for me at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #9 by Wobbles

marc gooding wrote:

Wobbles wrote: You may need to disable exclusive mode in the IM settings, if that doesn't do it try disabiling "Emulate controller" in the assigned profile.


Cheers for the suggestion, as i say i had disabled the exclusive mode in case that was causing a problem, and disabled the emulate controller in the profile section (couldnt remember its name) but no dice. Did a restart and reinstall IM and the dongle after your last reply and diabled both again but same story. IM and Sonys dongle isnt playing nice for me at all.


Sounds like I need to get my hands on one of these to do some more testing, another user said it was good to go but apparently there is some sort of environmental factor at play here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #10 by Andrew
I registered just to reply to this and say Thank You!

I went and bought the Sony adapter a few days back when it came out, hoping it would work with everything, but knowing that the wording Sony used probably meant I really only could be using it for Remote Play and PSNow. I decided at worst, that was still worth it for me, but figured someone on the Internet would get it figured out properly at some point. Since I bought it release day, there was no documentation or anyone talking about getting it to work outside of the two main apps, so I figured I would try fiddling myself. I know nothing about the hardware or how any of it actually works, but noticing how it showed up in my hardware list, it seemed like I might be able to McGuyver some way to map stuff around. My first hurdle was just that InputMapper didn't noticed that the controller was connected, even if Windows did. This led me to DS4Windows (also didn't see the controller), but then to x360ce, which could recognize the controller was plugged in. From here, it was an issue that the buttons were mapped all screwy, even though Windows knew what was going on. I ended up using something like UJR to try to re-map everything. I was actually making progress and got most of the face buttons working after a bunch of trial and error, but it still was just too janky to actually use. After a few hours, I decided to give up, figuring/hoping someone who knew what they were doing would get it figured out. Considering Windows sees the controller regardless, I had to assume there would be a relatively easy fix by someone who knew better.

Lo and behold, after refreshing google the last few days waiting for news, here it is. And all it is a couple file replacements. You, sir, are a genius, and my savior. Right off the bat, it just works, audio pass-through and everything. So freaking awesome.

I did want to throw out a couple things, which you may very well already have in mind, but on a user experience level, these would put the software even further up there.

- With the dongle plugged in, Windows always recognizes the audio port being used, thus sending audio to the controller whether there is a audio plug jacked in or not. Going to audio devices and changing priorities fixes this, but it is inconvenient. Is there a chance the software will be updated to be able to recognize there is something in the controller and adjust the audio output accordingly?

- Also, now that I can have my controller unplugged from USB, it isn't always just sitting there being fully charged, so I wonder about a way to turn the controller off? On a 360 controller, you can just pop the battery off real quick, but this isn't an option on the DS4. Is there a way for the software to push a "Power off" signal to the controller that could then be mapped to a button combo or something? I'm not aware of any other sort of built in power-off timer when it isn't synced to the PS4.

- I just loaded up PSNow with IM open, and since it's doing it's XInput emulation stuff, PSNow didn't realize it was a DS4, gave me a warning that certain features would not be available. Maybe some sort of pass-through enabled by profile (so it could be auto-triggered) or a whitelist of .exes so IM could see that PSNow is being run and just let the dongle do it's normal thing?

Maybe these features are more suited for IM2 with plugins, or maybe they aren't even possible. I admit, I don't really know much about the software, aside from it has been awesome for me, and I'm so excited for it to even be working as it is now. I don't want to come in and be like "Hey, I'm new, do these things.", they were just some thoughts I had in addition to wanting to come say that I can confirm for some sort of tally that the new update is working great for me!

Thanks so much again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum