$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$50.00
Average donation
$8.50

InputMapper 1.7 Alpha available for testing

2 years 10 months ago #11 by Wobbles
There is no order, but dont install what you dont need. The triangle just re checks it, its on the user to clear any discrepancies that are blocking exclusive mode issues. When Benjamin releases his newest drivers it should include a filter driver that will fix exclusive mode for good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #12 by Maxwellru
Yep. Clean install solved icons problem!
But when I installed FireShock its little bit broken... IM stopped detection of DS3 and DS4 works only via bluetooth.
I fixed it by deleting FireShock from PC and restarting IM.

2 years 10 months ago #13 by Wobbles

Maxim wrote: Yep. Clean install solved icons problem!
But when I installed FireShock its little bit broken... IM stopped detection of DS3 and DS4 works only via bluetooth.
I fixed it by deleting FireShock from PC and restarting IM.

Yup something happened with fire shock where it isnt reporting correct mac address. I can spoof a mac to get the controller in, but it could have issues down the road when it comes to recignizing saved data tied tot he mac.

2 years 10 months ago #14 by Wobbles

Maxim wrote: also ds3 icon is wrong. It shows ds4 icon with dongle.

can you add some presets for lightbar? like it was in 1.6.10

and would be nice to see [AutoSence] profile setting :)

Yes I do want to do some preset profiles, thats just a "polish" thing I haven't gotten to yet.

Autosense will be coming back with new enhancements, but not the top priority right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maxwellru

2 years 10 months ago #15 by Wesley Cruz
So this 1.7 IM is new grounds for me. I figured I would download it and help with the testing since I use 1.6.10 often. I feel like a newb because after uninstalling 1.6.10 and installing 1.7, I cant seem to get 1.7 to work with games. It's like games don't recognize the controller although the program does. I tried messing around with some of the settings and no success. How do I get this to work on games? I am using a DS4.

2 years 10 months ago #16 by Wobbles

Wesley Cruz wrote: So this 1.7 IM is new grounds for me. I figured I would download it and help with the testing since I use 1.6.10 often. I feel like a newb because after uninstalling 1.6.10 and installing 1.7, I cant seem to get 1.7 to work with games. It's like games don't recognize the controller although the program does. I tried messing around with some of the settings and no success. How do I get this to work on games? I am using a DS4.

what output driver(s) are you using?

2 years 10 months ago #17 by Wesley Cruz
I am using the SCPVBD1 driver. I don't know what just happened. I reinstalled 1.7 (I also have 1.6.10 installed) and now it's working? I noticed a couple differences. 1.) The 1.7 update took over my 1.6.10 shortcut on the desktop. By that I mean; when I clicked on the usual IM shortcut for 1.6.10, it opened up 1.7 instead. I had two shortcuts before. 2.) In IM 1.7 on the top, to the right of the DS4 indicator, I see another indicator for the 360 controller. Seems to be working now. I am not sure what happened before. Should I uninstall 1.6.10? I am going to mess around with everything for testing.

2 years 10 months ago #18 by Wobbles
You should read the OP here, it covers that stuff.

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #19 by Zwip-Zwap Zapony
So today when going to use InputMapper 1.6.10, I found that a beta of 1.7 has been released, and of course I went to download it right away. It's pretty good, but I have one problem with it and two nit-picks...

- I've been looking forward to being able to use a PlayStation Move Navigation Controller, but if I plug one into my computer through USB (I can't seem to synch it over BlueTooth), InputMapper 1.7 will notice it correctly and I can make it emulate an XBox controller through the SCP output driver thingie... but Dolphin (a GameCube and Wii emulator) doesn't think anything of the emulated XBox controller (besides noticing it, but it doesn't care if I do anything with the controller), and neither does the "XInput Test" from InputMapper 1.6 (again, it's there, but it doesn't respond to anything I do) nor Windows' own controller manager thing (same deal). It might be worth mentioning that without any InputMapper active, Windows' controller manager thing also realizes if I connect the Navigation Controller, and it labels it as a Navigation Controller too, but that also doesn't respond if I do anything with the controller. Any help with this would be highly appreciated, as I've been waiting very long to be able to use my Navigation Controller for playing stuff, and then it's just the same result as it has been for months.

- You can't input numerical values in sliders, such as the colour channels and position bar of the light-bar animation editor thing, unless you open the profile with a text editor.
- There doesn't seem to be a proper way to make it so the light-bar of a DualShock 4 will blink based on time if it has low battery, as possible in InputMapper 1.6.

Edit: Oh, and also, the trigger and the bumper of the Navigation Controller in the profile mapping is the wrong way around.

2 years 10 months ago #20 by Wobbles
So for 1, you need to make sure you install the fireshock drivers, link in the OP, they are buggy still so be warned.

2 enhancements for color picking including a color chart are planned

3 this will be done through macros (though not quite ready yet) there will me a macro option to change the current lightbar profile (to the blinking one), and the trigger based on battery level is already implemented.

4. yup, mentioned in the OP, the UI for anything other than the DS4 is still hackish