$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$50.00
Average donation
$8.50

InputMapper 1.7 Alpha available for testing

2 years 10 months ago #21 by Luiz
I'm having a high latency input issue when using bluetooth with SCPVBD1 as output, the same that happens with ScpToolKit. It could be my bluetooth dongle, though it does not happen with any InputMapper version prior to the 1.7.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #22 by Wobbles
Make sure you Bluetooth window is not open, and make sure that there are no "controller monitor" windows open in 1.7

2 years 10 months ago #23 by Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Wobbles wrote: So for 1, you need to make sure you install the fireshock drivers, link in the OP, they are buggy still so be warned.

I downloaded and installed the FireShock driver version 1.0.1.0 (into the default location the installer gave me, being in C:/Program Files), and it didn't work. Then I rebooted my computer, and it still didn't work. Even after going to Device Manager, "updating" the driver for the "Navigation Controller" USB input with FireShock's "FireShock 3 Device" driver and rebooting my computer, it still doesn't work. Same deal as before, the Navigation Controller is recognized, but whatever I do, nothing happens to the inputs. I haven't tried installing ViGEm, though.

I'm connecting my Navigation Controller using a wire in a small USB hub on my keyboard (but plugging it directly into my computer also doesn't work), as I can't seem to get it to synch to my BlueTooth dongle, I'm using a 64-bit Windows 10, and for these tests, InputMapper is not in use and I'm referring to Windows' own "Game Controllers" list's properties window for the Navigation Controller.

I see that FireShock's developer doesn't seem to have a Navigation Controller, and you seem to be somewhat confident about it, so I hope you (or someone else) will be able to help me. I can make a new thread for this if you want me to.

2 years 10 months ago #24 by Wobbles
What version fireshock drivers do you have? needs to be 1.0.1 or newer I think

2 years 10 months ago #25 by Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Wobbles wrote: What version fireshock drivers do you have? needs to be 1.0.1 or newer I think

As I said, 1.0.1.0. It's also called 1.0.1 somewhere, but however, Windows refers to the driver as version 1.0.0.0 when I apply the "FireShock 3 Device" plug-in to the Navigation Controller through Device Manager. (But I've never had FireShock before, and I only downloaded and installed version 1.0.1.0 from the link in the opening post, not version 1.0.0.0, plus version 1.0.1.0 is only said to just automatically apply the plug-in for the PCSX2 emulator if it's installed, so the actual drivers might even be the same in version 1.0.0.0 and 1.0.1.0.)

2 years 10 months ago #26 by Wobbles
Assuming no hardware errors in the dev manager?

2 years 10 months ago #27 by Luiz

Wobbles wrote: Make sure you Bluetooth window is not open, and make sure that there are no "controller monitor" windows open in 1.7

Unfortunately, there's nothing open but the game and InputMapper. The PC was formatted recently and there's almost nothing installed. I checked the processes and there's nothing out of ordinary.

I think it's my bluetooth dongle since it happens with ScpToolKit as well. But what makes me wonder is why it doesn't happen on previous versions of IM.

Do you have any idea of what changed on 1.7 that could cause this?

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #28 by Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Wobbles wrote: Assuming no hardware errors in the dev manager?

If the Navigation Controller is plugged in when I "update" the driver, there comes an error telling me to reboot my computer. Doing that, the driver is still the FireShock 3 Device one, but it still doesn't work. If it's not plugged in, no errors, but even then, both before and after rebooting my computer, it also still doesn't work. (And yes, I have checked that I changed the correct device to the DualShock 3 Device driver.)

Edit: Though, when I go to set the Navigation Controller to use the FireShock 3 Device driver, when I double-click "FireShock 3 Device" to install it, Windows says "Installing this device driver is not recommended because Windows cannot verify that it is compatible with your hardware. If the driver is not compatible, your hardware will not work correctly and your computer might become unstable or stop working completely. Do you want to continue installing this driver?", at which point I choose "Yes", and then it says "Windows has successfully updated your driver software - Windows has finished installing the driver software for this device: - [Keyboard/mouse/gamepad icon] FireShock 3 Device".

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #29 by Wobbles
What is your Nav model number and also the VID/PID? I may have to refer this back to benjamin as a driver incompatibility.

2 years 10 months ago #30 by Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Wobbles wrote: What is your Nav model number and also the VID/PID? I may have to refer this back to benjamin as a driver incompatibility.

My Navigation Controller has "CECH-ZCS1E" written in a corner, which I think is the model name. I don't know about the "VID" or "PID", though, but by googling about it, I think it's either "USB\VID_054C&PID_042F\6&60B250E&0&3" (as "device instance path" in device manager) or "USB\VID_054C&PID_042F&REV_0100" (as "hardware Ids" in device manager, with "&REV_0100" being in the first hardware ID but not the second one, otherwise the two "hardware Ids" are the same).