Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$19.97

DS3 support, and dongle questions

11 months 4 days ago #1 by Henkibojj
Hi!

Thanks for all your hard work on Inputmapper.

What I've been looking for for a long time is a way to connect my DS3 controller(s) to my PC without using MotionInJoy or the SCP drivers, because I want the full IM experience with button mapping and all that.

I've been looking through the forums and found nothing except this topic , which doesn't cover the issue. I've checked your recent video but from that it seems like DS3 has never been supported. I've seen this download , but I have no idea how to use it. It all leaves me very confused.

So. How do I get DS3 working in Inputmapper? Please give clear instructions.

-

A second question I have, combined with the DS3 question I guess, is the ability to install IM using a bluetooth dongle. I've used one for years in MotionInJoy and with SCP, but IM doesn't install itself onto that but rather the internal motherboard bluetooth on my laptop. That wouldn't be a problem, if it weren't for the terrible connectivity issue I'm experiencing. Other BT devices also lose connection when having the PC 10 feet away — a problem that I've never experienced with my cheap $8 BT dongle.

Is there a way to force IM to recognize my dongle as the only BT device on my computer? It always installs onto the motherboard, not the BT dongle. I'm not sure if it's the DS4 or the motherboard, but playing games with my laptop next to my TV set is impossible. I have to be less than 3 feet away to keep the connnection.

Thanks a lot! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 4 days ago #2 by Wobbles
1) DS3 is supported by Magic NS dongle in Inputmapper 1.7 alpha, and there are plans for non dongle direct support once Nefatious's drivers are finalized

2) IM does not differentiate with bluetooth dongles or "install itself onto them", if you want to use your BT dongle and not the onboard simply disable your onboard BT and windows will recognize the dongle and allow you to pair devices to it (since Windows only allows one BT host device)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.