$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.26

SisAxis mapping?

8 months 3 weeks ago #1 by Wiergate
Sorry if this has been covered but I can't find a tutorial or article on it.

What I'd like to do is fairly straightforward: to use the Sisaxis 'tilted up' option as the trigger for a macro, specifically to sprint while retaining camera control in Souls games.
I've managed to get a 'tilted up' trigger to depress the sprint/dodge button (O by default), but that required me to tilt the controller all the way up, literally 90 degrees skyward.

Looking at the Sisaxis mappings and possibly the 'Axis Tuning' tabs I feel like using them in conjunction should be doable to have (for the sake of argument) a 30-degree upward tilt trigger an assigned key.
Alas, I can't work out how to set the Gyro and/or accelerometer XYZ bindings and I don't know if Axis Tunings ties into it.

Is there a tutorial I can check or some tips I can try?

Thanks for any help, keep up the good work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 3 weeks ago #2 by wirenut48
what settings do you have the gyros set at now? They are not easy to understand and I sure don't. But I had a steering once and believe to hold at an angle needed a negative offset. I also think setting up a gyro axis takes a combination of 2 axis, so may want to set the same values on each.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

8 months 3 weeks ago #3 by Wiergate
Currently everything is at default, so Reverse is checked, offset at 100 and so forth.
If I'm reading the Sisaxis mappings right they would seem to be capable of emulating stick or mouse inputs (?)

That isn't what I want from a tilted controller, but on the other hand one could maybe base a macro on that - if I could get it to read a tilt as left and right stick briefly being at the far end of their travel (or something), that could fire the function I do want?

I'll muck around a bit more with a negative offset, that didn't occur to me.

8 months 3 weeks ago #4 by wirenut48
There is a tilt macro trigger preset to use to display battery, so a tilt macro trigger must be possible. You may even be able to use that preset for what your looking to do. I know a -0.95 offset is the angle as if you were holding a steering wheel.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

8 months 3 weeks ago #5 by Wiergate
I can only see the Tilt Up as a trigger, I honestly can't see any macro presets at all. Should have mentioned I'm on 1.6.9 still, possibly that's it.

(I've been getting all sorts of weirdness when trying to edit that profile though. Messing around with gyros and the accelerometers caused my character to get an automatic sprint toggle just by moving the left stick, for instance.
That would actually be amazing if it could be tied to relative deadzones, something like the Steam controller's outer ring bindings. For now I had to revert it though.
Then, any and all attempts to make macros simply turned off some of my inputs, leaving me with buttons that didn't do anything until I deleted the macro.
This one's new to me, no idea what's causing it.)

The stuff in parentheses isn't very important but suggests there are issues with IM and Souls games (DS3 in this case) I have to understand first. The series does have a history of iffy mouse/kb support which may or may not be messing with me now that DS3 actually recognizes both inputs simultaneously.
I'll keep at it.

8 months 3 weeks ago #6 by wirenut48
1.7 beta should be coming out in a week or 2 and will offer much more customization. Things like adding sprint to end of stick travel.

8 months 2 weeks ago #7 by Wiergate
Hmmm.....about the same time as Sekiro comes out - and I don't expect Fromsoft to have changed their stupid control layout for this one either.

Something to look forward to then, I'm still drawing a blank since I have to deal with the unexpected problems mentioned above. Gonna have to search the forums and see if others ran into them.