$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.00

Lack of fine controls in dark souls 2 sotfs

3 years 11 months ago #1 by John Fleming
When I use my ds4 (wired or bt) i can play dark souls 3 perfectly and the controls are very responsive with full degrees of motion. But then I launch dark souls 2 sotfs the controls feel stiff and unresponsive and there seems to be only 16 directions possible on the thumbstick and very few levels of push which is very noticeable on the camera since it jerks around and walking on narrow platforms is a hazard since the thumbstick responds more like a dpad than a joystick. I used a similar setup in the past with the same ds4 controller and an older version of the same game with no issue using ds4windows.

It may or may not matter bu i see both wireless controller and xbox 360 controller in my device list and the camera does start spinning when the battery on the ds4 dies. This was there before with my old setup so I don't know what changed. I can't find any complaints about the sotfs version of dark souls 2 controlling poorly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #2 by Wobbles
This has to be caused by in game settings. This application has no direct communication with games so there is no reason it would behave one way with one then differently with another.

Check the in game sensitivity settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.